One Pay Crosstrek Lease

Hey everyone,

I’m new here and looking for some feedback on a quote that I’m ready to pull the trigger on.

2021 Subaru Crosstrek Premium
MSRP: $26,673
Sales Price: $25,301
Term: 36 Months
Mileage: 12,000
Money Factor: Unknown
Residual: Unknown
City: Gilbert, AZ with 7.8% tax rate

The quote is $13,543.18 for a one-pay lease.

I understand that one-pays have their pros and cons, but I do not have an income right now and need a car. I’ve been looking at buying a used car outright and can not find anything worthwhile in that budget. I test drove a car that broke down after pulling back in the dealership, so I’m also a bit burnt by that.

Anyway, do you think this is a good price?

so you are paying 50% of MSRP for 3 years? doesn’t the Crosstrek hold value a lot better than that?

I would try and buy this car outright and keep it, it will probably still be worth 15k in 5 years

Edit jsut checked KBB trade in for “good” 2016 Crosstrek premium w/60k miles is 14k

1 Like

I’d love to be able to buy, but I can’t justify a payment right now without knowing what my income will be in the future, so a purchase is probably not possible.

No $376/mo with tax (paid up front) on a $27k Crosstrek is NOT a good price (5% off) nor a good lease.

Understand because of your employment you are looking at one-pay leases, but if I were you I’d focus on something where the one pay is less-expensive (I’m not a huge GM fan personally, but in your situation I’d be looking at a Chevy Trax or Traverse or something like that which will net out to $100/mo less).

But you do you. Good luck.

It’s one horrible deal.
You don’t need to disclose your financial situation but since you mentioned I feel obligated…

It’s one horrible decision when

I do not have an income right now and need a car
without knowing what my income will be in the future

Just saying, what if you still don’t have a steady income but need a car to make a living in 3 years?
With all due respect, buy a used Civic or Mazda3, even $10k buys you a decent one.

1 Like

If I can get them down to $12,000 ($333/mo), would that be more reasonable?

I’ve looked at the Trax and Traverse. I need 4WD/AWD for weekends in the mountains, so the Trax might not be the best. The Traverse could work, but it seems to be about the same pricing as this Crosstrek.

Do you have any recommendations that would be a hackable and 4WD? Maybe a Chevy Colorado or Tacoma?

I think it would be worth your time to reread the Leasing 101 articles, aside from the fact that I can’t see this dealer taking another 5.5-6% off.

Not trying to get into your business, but this sounds like a want overriding a need, and using leasing to overextended for this reason is a huge no-no.

You’re a couple months late on the Tacoma/Tundra deals. All the programs changed today, so you have some research ahead of you.

Sounds like this is just a bad decision all around. Thanks everyone for your help! I’ll keep looking at the used market.

1 Like