On final year, when to turn in? '18 Equinox

This is my first lease, so I don’t know anything :slight_smile:
I have an '18 equinox, that I have a 4 year lease on, will be up May '21 We are under on mileage, like the car and have had very few minor issues, but wondering when us best to get the next one. I know I’ve still got time, but when I was getting an oil change, the dealer asked me how long I had left and it got me wondering.
Most likely going with another equinox, the wide even mentioned buying this one.

Unless you are getting some sort of pull-ahead offer (Spoiler, you aren’t on a GM at 12 months), or owe less than the car is worth (Spoiler, you don’t on a GM), it doesn’t make any sense to look this early. Wait until next spring. Otherwise, you’ll just roll your negative equity into the new lease, ultimately costing you more than just waiting it out.

1 Like

I took the liberty of correcting what appeared to be a typo (feel free to clarify).

Until shown otherwise, consider this to be an unappealing option financially.

1 Like

Our lease is due in October on our 18 Equinox. It has about $5000 of negative equity right now if we wanted to get out of it today. The resale value on them is absolutely comical and made us glad that we leased. 0% chance it’s getting bought out even though we like it immensely (orange paint and all).

Wait until you have a month left or you receive a pull ahead offer (surprised GM hasn’t sent them out like crazy now). It’s not going to be pretty to get out of it early

Just don’t break anything on it that is covered by the bumper to bumper warranty in this fourth year.

About 3-4 months before your lease is up, check out the GM offers for lease loyalty for purchases and leases. You will want to take advantage of qualifying for them while you still have the lease if you want a GM product. This pandemic is a perfect example of why the cost of leasing is worth it to some to avoid some risk of your resale value tanking, especially if you like paying for having a newer vehicle in your driveway.

Unappealing? Let’s call it disastrous