Off Topic Landfill

Very true but at $3500, its mostly typical drive offs

1179 1st payment
925 bank fee
400 reg
500 doc (probably)

$1,799 was when the car first came out.

With zero out of pocket. Nothing. Not a penny. I didn’t get bumped on the money factor. didn’t have to put 7 MSD’s down.

I wasn’t going to wait 6-8 months for a rebate to come out to save $100 to $200 dollars.

Also, if I were to swap my car, you just saved $1400 X 7 without putting any money down.

If I got my car now at $1,799 with all the rebates available, then the “boned” part would hold some weight.

The only reason I haven’t swapped the car is because I love it and I can “afford” to pay the premium of being the first to get it without a rebate on it.

Either way, it’s a dope car regardless of price. I just wouldn’t ever put a penny down on a lease.

1 Like

No, but you could have if you wanted to save yourself thousands of dollars.

This is just a giant ramble.

You can get the same deal that you are offering for at least 17k less on a 36 month lease.

Same terms… doesn’t matter how you structure it… 17k… 17,000 us american dollars.

End of story…

We were until he started saying it’s nuts to put down money when he got shafted?

Not sure if you noticed but I was actually defending your position. You wanted to have the latest and greatest and you paid to play. And y’know what? That’s okay!

Some folks here get so caught up in shaving every last dime out of a deal that they lose sight of why they’re shopping for a specific car in the first place. Keep enjoying that beautiful machine for the rest of us and most importantly for yourself.

2 Likes

I saw. :+1:

This was the first BMW that I actually didn’t wait 6 months down the road to get into. Plus the deal at the time with the car just coming out not putting a penny out of pocket was too good to pass up.

I was well aware that six to twelve months down the line the programs would be a bit better.

1 Like

He didn’t.

You would have waited until now to get the car because you would have got the current deal.

Being that I had my eye on this car months before it came out, I wasn’t going to wait for the rebates or the money factor to drop.

Regardless, I personally would never put any money down or put down any MSD’s to lower the money factor.

Reason being, I get out of my cars within a year to a year in a half. Plus, I’d rather take my money and invest it into items that make me money and not into a depreciating asset.

1 Like

You also are misunderstanding the criticism from earlier in the thread

1 Like

For sure. Remember when X7 debut and there was folks paying not a penny back of invoice and in some cases even sticker. Once the folks who “Had to have it now” got theirs, the party was over.

I can get better discount % on X7 than on X5 more often than not these days.

1 Like

Run the numbers back when it literally first came out with no current rebates. No money out of payment. No MSD.

Now, they just can’t move the cars so I get the rebates and god bless to those who get this car. It’s a great machine.

I could have had the McLaren or AM for much cheaper but I just had my heart set on this.

1 Like

There shouldn’t be any criticism.

1 Like

I 100% agree with you there

2 Likes

For sure.

I actually was thinking about getting the X7 when it came out.

1 Like

My only point is that I don’t believe in laying out any money.

Roll it all in.

And to drop that much money into MSD’s doesn’t make sense for me. Again, I’d take that money and put it into something that gives me a return.

Also, if you’re going to swap the car, how are you getting your money back? It’s going to be hard for someone to give you $9,000 back.

1 Like

The X5M might be the next one I go after. But being that I have the M8, I’ll wait another six months before getting it.

1 Like

Aren’t you going to lay out at least 10k trying to swap out yours?

Not at all.

Car is on swapalease and I have plenty of people who want it. I just don’t want to get rid of it.

That’s fine. No one is arguing that there aren’t good reasons to not want to do MSDs or put money up front. Likewise, there are plenty of arguments as to why MSDs make an awful lot of sense. In your case, you’re essentially paying a couple grand to keep cash liquid and make transferring easier. If that’s worth the extra cost to you, that’s your call.

I’d love to be in the world you are living in, make my job 100% easier

1 Like