Off Topic Landfill

It really does though and gives a bad reputation (albeit deserved) to these once “great” cars. Especially when it’s painted in affiliated colors, paired with oversized gaudy rims, and sound systems that make you question whether a 4.0 quake just hit on your block.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this in Southern California. To the contrary, lots of really nice vintage range rovers and defenders still cruising around og style for instant cred

1 Like

Way too common a sight in Texas. These cars will either come off CPO warranty and traded, wrecked, or otherwise dirty title and they wind up in the hands of folks who’s profession often rhymes with mug mealer or bimp.

I’ll see some older RR’s or Defender very well kept sometimes though. That’s where the money is.

2 Likes

Off topic, but… Not in the west part of Los Angeles. Lots of Velars, not really many other RR/LRs at all.

2 Likes

Vintage != 6 or 7 year old high mileage RRs with the dash lit up like a slot machine, parked at a downscale apartment complex

1 Like

LH score = MSRP / ((total payment - total tax paid ) / lease months) / 12
Does the formula correct?

My estimation thread got closed. I will update here.

Given MSRP, MonthPay(M) DAS, TaxRate, LeaseLength(L), I found a fast way to eastimate LH score.
step 1: calculate total lease cost base on payment
Lease cost = DAS + MonthPay * (L - 1)
step 2: total tax paid on monthly payment, ignore license, etc
Lease tax = MonthPay * L * TaxRate
note: this is estimate, actually tax paid should be MonthPay * L * (1 - 1/(1+TaxRate)), which is too complicate, so just use estimation.
step 3: Calculate score
Estimate Score = MSRP / (Lease Cost - Lease Tax) * L / 12

The estimation is very close to LH calculator result.

Test 10+ calculator, all estimation are within ± 0.3 of LH score.
don’t need to input MF, RV value, very easy to compute!

Can I get the Dealership name in Bay Area

Please pm me what is the name of the dealership. Thank you

hey could you share the dealership you got this deal from?

Hey, could you share the dealership info? Thanks!

Hey, could you share the dealership info with me as well? Thanks!

can you please send me the spreadsheet

thanks, Ken

Hello,

Sorry for asking here, but how can I post my Lease Listing?

Hello, would love some help on how to post a lease transfer on this forum. Please let me know.

do you specialize only on BMW?

I question your assertion that using a reverse auction with dealers is in some way unethical. Of course, you may not like when people do it, but I would not say its unethical.

1 Like

Say someone (or many someones) needed you to completely breakdown your business model and profit margins (as if it’s their right to know this information), then require you to get rid of all of that said profit because of the allure of potentially making a sell and when you oblige, they take that information and go to someone else more convenient to them, for them to either match the deal or maybe beat it by a very insignificant amount, and all that information and guidance you gave was free assistance, because your time meant nothing to the client.

And if you don’t give in and do all this, you are labeled sleazy, shady, etc, person who works at a car “stealership”

I know that this is the nature of the business now and it is what it is, but regardless…what you consider this ethical?

1 Like

What you say makes sense here, but I think you need to take two pieces into consideration.

1. Dealerships are by nature (as you insinuated) - not consumer friendly. In an ideal world manufacturers would sell directly to customers. The dealer middleman in the current process is a pure profit business and does nothing but put more expense and aggravation on the consumer. This is not an ethical business.

2. This is leasehackr, not regulardealfinder. The nature of this site is to advocate consumer information to get the best possible discount on cars-this means pushing the whole distribution chain for maximum consumer discounts. This forum is notoriously tough on dealers by often pushing for unprofitable arrangements. This is not an ethical forum in that sense, but it is reactionary to the current dealership system.

In a perfect world- Manufacturers would set the rates/prices and pass on margins directly to consumers- the Tesla model.

1 Like
  1. The idea that dealers aren’t friendly is no longer the case. It’s just a perception/stigma that has carried over from ages ago, the tables have turned now. The customer is the one looking to play games meanwhile the average sales person has no control and just wants to make a quick easy deal so they can make their minimum deal on the car because big gross profit deals don’t exist anymore (minus your ultra rare and limited niche cars if your brand is lucky enough to have any).

Manufacturers are out of the states a lot of times, who is going to do your paperwork and registration? What are these “more expenses” that the dealer put on that are you talking about? They’re actually discounting it from what manufacturer suggests you pay. With respect, the fact that you think dealers are pure profit displays that you don’t know enough about how dealers operate and you’re fed into to the BS people tell you.

1. The flaw with this is, you have thousands of members who have all this information but still don’t know what it means and what to do with it. Everyone’s just in here spreading misinformation and talking to each other in their echo chambers. It’s so simple, just figure out how much you are comfortable paying and find out how close to it a dealer will get. You don’t need the money factor, residual, and all this other crap. You’re not gonna gain knowledge accumulated from years of experience and countless deals made by professionals just by signing up to a forum.

Also, these labels and narratives on dealers were established long before this forum’s existence, so what I’m talking about is a bigger picture.

Finally, what Tesla is trying to do is in fact the perfect world standard, however it is truly unattainable for now, hence why they are selling stock to make up for some of the huge debt they’re in.

Why is this preferred anyway?Tesla, is charging you whatever they feel like, you cannot negotiate a dime with them, where as other makes set a suggested price and because of free market, you get to pay way less than what they say.

1 Like

So which dealership do you work for Peter?

You’ve managed to hit the “salesperson posting on leasehackr” trifecta all in one post:

1. The dealer is actually the victim of asshole customers wanting transparency
  2. You don’t actually need to know any of the info to make a good deal, just trust the man behind the curtain
  3. The people on here are spreading misinformation and none of what you see is realistic
2 Likes