Off Topic Landfill

I side with @Jon on this one. I am a dealer trying to lease cars, so I have to figure out who is real, and who isn’t. @sphereman is all over the map asking for quotes on many many vehicles. It’s not an exact science, but I am pretty good at telling who is real. I cannot just work up random arbitrary quotes on all the vehicles. When you are ready to lease a VW or Subaru let me know and I am here for you.

4 Likes

that is funny. you asked me to pick a car from your inventory and I texted you the stock number almost right away (and you never responded to my two follow up texts). and that tells you i am not real? how so?

by the same reasoning, do you just flat out ignore some people who come into your door because your gut says he/she is not real? wow. if that is true, I think your manager wants to know that.

and tell me why it is wrong to ask for quotes on several different vehicles in my first week of shopping? as explained above, I was looking at cars that I can lease for less than $400 a month.

Yes, but your history on this website has you asking everyone and their Grandma for quotes.

and again, asking for quotes on this site is wrong and why?

I shop for many cars for my family members. I come back here when I need to shop and ask for quotes, and come back again later when I am shopping for another car. anything wrong with this? Just give me one rational reason why I can’t do it.

and you never answered my question. you asked me to pick a car, and never bothered to get me a quote (or even get back to me), you wasted my time there. what was that about? you just thought i am a no-show anyways from that? I really want to know how your intuition works.

keep posting these obnoxious comments here and i am sure it only reveals your true character. you are here to attract customers, remember that, buddy.

Sorry it didnt work out for you…

For some reason the deals became many times worse after 2016, when they became “Genesis”, and not Hyundai like before.

Effectively, that’s 600/mo. If we were to convert that to MD taxes (taxed on full car), and 15k miles a year, that is almost 650/mo. I would ask for another 3-4k off honestly.

LOL, eleven notches below Acura. The three vehicles Genesis currently sells are all better than anything Acura has on offer (except maybe the NSX…obviously). Acura lost their way over a decade ago and haven’t recovered since. Just look at the TLX and ILX, both of them are inferior to the Accord and Civic they are based on, yet cost significantly more money. The new RDX is a slight ray of hope for the Acura lineup, but I’m not holding my breath. I had a 2007 TSX that was awesome. The 2nd (and last) generation TSX was a bloated flop in comparison.

They should have stayed under Hyundai, to keep cars more affordable.

Agree, Infiniti is awesome!

I don’t like nor current Acura vehicles at the moment, nor Hyundai/Genesis vehicles (catching fires, paint chirping, speaker fade, crappy hyundai service, same infotaiment as Kia Optima, that blinker sound :joy:). I would stick to a Lexus GS350 or Infiniti Q70 5.6 in this segment!

dmitry I’m usually on your side, but you can’t fanboy Nissan Altimas and then complain about a Genesis.

The entire conversation you quoted is about the brand. The physical product that rolls off the assembly line is only part of it.

I’ve read endless stories about the horrific Genesis dealer network and ownership experience.

The cars may be awesome, but I’ve experienced both Hyundai and Kia shopping firsthand while helping others look for cars, and all I can say is YEESH.

They may make a great car, but no one I know buys saffron at a flea market.

1 Like

Unfortunately, when driving the Genesis, I am constantly reminded of a 2015 Sonata Limited that I drove for some time (constantly got car sick in it). The same screen, navigation, infotainment, buttons, blinker sound, leather, smell, and material feel. While the Genesis has much better performance (especially the 3.3T), I just get that “Sonata Limited” feel.

Regarding the Altima, not once did I ever get car sick in that car. No complaints at all. It never left me stranded, and I was very happy with that car. The zero gravity seats were fantastic (much better than the ones in the Sonata and Genesis).

I bought a 2015 Altima for 18k, well loaded (SL model I believe it said on the back), brand new (yes, it was a unicorn deal!), and it served me great. It was very efficient, put 0 money into maintenance (it came with that service package), and it handled the harsh and broken roads of Baltimore without an issue. After almost 3 years, the interior was like new. No rattles, no plastic fade, and everyone who got in it, thought it was brand new. The tech was easy to use, BOSE audio was excellent. After almost 3 years of hardcore use, and putting ~50k miles on it, including a bad carfax report due to a hit and run incident, I was able to still get $12k for it in trade in.

The only time you could hear the CVT was when it was floored (putting it in Ds mode took that issue away). It never bothered me. It was a smooth, responsive gearbox, that was very good for daily commuting. The cabin was very quiet, and a 100+ mile daily commute wasn’t bad at all.

Why not add Volvo to that list. I test drove the new S60 and it was pretty nice

I would suggest joining a Facebook S60 group. Many owners are experiencing issues with these new builds. I would take a Q70 5.6 instead. Screw apple car play :joy:

That thing is a relic…absolutely awful.

Sounds like standard Volvo fare. Beautiful cars that are incredibly unreliable and poorly built with all kinds of electrical gremlins. Terrible NVH too.

1 Like

How is a 420hp V8 with AWD awful? Can someone tell me please.

You know what else has a 420 HP V8 with AWD? The Genesis G80 you just said was awful a few posts above. At least the G80 is modern though.