Off Topic Landfill

Context, my friend. I replied

to your comment about being…

because…

Nothing about CVT, right? Sure, it happened because of CVT, but you got stranded because of towing company. Not Subaru’s fault if towing company could not make it. They don’t provide towing.

This discussion about roadside assistance has been fascinating. /s

A blown transmission just means free miles in a rental or fart car!

But this one wasn’t.

Abused trannies don’t get an automatic extension of everyone’s warranty to 100k. That’s the sign of a known defect. There was no abuse whatsoever. Car was never used to tow and never hit redline, never put into manual mode.

People often say “well he abused it” to say “It couldn’t happen to me” but even though it’s statistically unlikely it could.

Can you post the details of the deal you got?

Pm him. That thread is reserved for reviews

The lease on my 2016 X6 50i is up 10 days. I’ve been reading post after post after post in leasehackr for the past month or so. After checking their 2018 and 2019 X6 loaner inventory online, I marched into a local Upstate NY dealer yesterday, Friday, armed with the confidence of an expert. I walked over to a 2019 X6 50i on the showroom floor, opened the door, sat behind the wheel and waited to be pounced upon. After maybe 3 minutes, someone approached. He asked if he could help. To start him salivating I said that the lease on my X6 50i is up at the end of the month, and I’m looking for a great deal on a X6 loaner. What he said next floored me. “I can get you in this X6 for loaner prices.” So I’m thinking , what’s the catch, didn’t this guy go to car salesman school. So to make an already too long story short, I learned that he had 8 X6s on the lot including the one on the floor, said he had to get rid of as many as he could before the new model came out and would discount any one of them 18% (!) off MSRP before incentives ($6500 this month with Loyalty) and, after I asked, he confirmed at base MF. He showed me the package and option lists on 4 of them, we went outside behind the showroom where he showed me 2 that I liked, both with white plastic still on the hood. I said that I’d call him on Monday. So my question is simply, is there anything for me to think about?

3 Likes

Run the numbers through the calculator ahead of time so you know where you should be including taxes and government fees. But if the deal is as the salesman says it’s pretty damn good on a new car.

Agree. If numbers add up, go. There might be some serious trunk money on certain units.

Do you have contact info for your salesperson? I have been shopping this deal in MA with minimal luck and would likely go to NY to do this deal. PM me pls.

Going to need 3 Bmw’s in NY/CT/NJ area. LMK if someone can help.

Sounds like a great deal and I wish we had that program here in So Cal. But…this should be in Ask the Hackers. Not really the right place to post

2 Likes

Looking for an i3 deal, what can I get?
Live in Pasadena, have USAA.
Willing to assume a lease, loaner, etc…
Pm me please

I signed this deal about a week ago. Initially I had a bad experience with the first sales person I encountered but after getting in touch with @DroseBMW and the management team at Passport BMW, they smoothed things out for me and we’re able to make this deal happen.

1 Like

Is this a loaner?

Yes it is.

Good deal but you shouldn’t have rolled everything in as the apr after MSD is still pretty high

But overall good deal

I say always roll it in, crash it next week and you didn’t lose anything. Looks like 24mo was only $5 more a month

1 Like

Considering the taxes on full price. It’s a solid deal. especially that they gave him the “standard” BMW buy MF prior to MSD’s.
Congrats!

2 Likes