Off Topic Landfill

@Bostoncarconcierge will have to align the stars once again to get that deal again. 21% off a new Porsche again RIP his inbox

1 Like

Nice car and nice deal!

1 Like

Congrats - what was your MSRP?
Thanks

Congrats and great deal! That is the kind of deal that I’m trying for on a Stelvio.

congrats I love mine, hell of a deal too!

That’s what I thought until my CVT blew up during the lease.

Subaru wasn’t willing to cover the cost of the replacement?

CVT is covered for 10/100K

1. Yes because it was in the original powertrain warranty (before they extended it) and
  2. Who the hell wants to be (a) stranded on the side of the road for a day and (b) without a car for a month.

Mine knows if I’m stranded and sends towing service and a rental coverage is included with Subaru Added Service.

2 Likes

No idea how you managed to get stranded for a day. Do you even know about Subaru Starlink that comes free for the first year and then $99/year?

• Advanced Automatic Collision Notification
  • SOS Emergency Assistance
  • Enhanced Roadside Assistance
  • Maintenance Notifications
  • Vehicle Health Reports
  • Diagnostic Alerts

Don’t know what year was yours, but Subaru extended CVT warranty for one year on. 2016/17 MY

And in general, they sell well and take market share from competitors for a reason. Or a few…

• 85 consecutive months of yearly, month-over-month growth
1 Like

Subaru didn’t offer you a complimentary loaner for the time your car was expected to be in the shop?

Any car from any make can you have a horrible mechanical issue at any time during your ownership. For me, the main issues are

1. Are you still under warranty?
  2. Does the manufacturer cover things easily under warranty, or do you have to fight?
  3. Does the manufacturer have good customer service (e.g., covering your loaner, if your car is going to be in the shop for more than a few days)?

W/ a lease, the first 2 things are generally not an issue.

You seem to have an axe to grind against Subaru. That’s your business, but the OP has diff priorities than do you.

Nope. I just got stranded because Subaru CVTs are shit.

As I mentioned, 2014. I had a number of free roadside assistance options. But as you know, they farm it out to a local tow company who sends a guy when they can send a guy. You call three companies, they all send Jim’s Tow, who comes when he’s done with the other wrecks he’s had to deal with.

Well, then it’s not really a Subaru’s fault. All brands have the same kind of arrangements with towing companies.

Subaru should have known better :face_with_monocle:

It’s not Subaru’s fault that the tranny died at 40k miles? blinking%20guy

Sorry, Bear. Root cause is the breakdown. But for that, no stranding.

1 Like

Yep, but I said “not Suabru’s fault” in relation to their Subaru Starlink “Enhanced Roadside Assistance” only, and that towing company that didn’t deliver.

But if Subaru car hadn’t broken down it’s a moot point.

1 Like