Off Topic Landfill

Here we go again …as if one thing has anything to do with the other.

1 Like

I agree with this 100%. While I am not against wealth inequality, egregious wealth inequality is disgusting. And while there is some degree of line drawing, I think this certainly crosses the line. I don’t always live up to my ideals as fully as I should, but that doesn’t change the fact that certain luxury spend in this and other countries is morally wrong. With that I am done, as this is not the forum for this.

I don’t understand how this crosses the line but an S Class for example at around 1200/Mo doesn’t? If someone can comfortably afford the payment then all the power to them. If we’re talking $10,000 a month like a Phantom lease I saw then I get it being excessive, but by the logic you guys are discussing we should all get sub $300/Mo leases.

THANK YOU! Finally, someone that gets it! The rest of you are to be pitied. You’ll never get it.

Gets popcorn out :slight_smile: 2020

1 Like

Nice work! Would love to hear how this is typical deal for this? Maybe what state? Can’t get this below $560 after 1k down on 39/10 in Illinois for p,p +

Where do you draw the line and who gets to be the arbiter of that line? Have you gone to a movie? That’s $20 that could be “better” spent on someone in a poor country to buy food and water. If you go to a movie, it’s morally bankrupt. You should give that money to someone who can “better” spend it on essentials. Movies are luxuries and should never been seen by anyone. That’s the logically absurd conclusion of your argument.

Unless you give everything you make past the absolute bare essential for survival, you have no moral high ground from which to preach to the rest of us.

Where did I say all spending beyond bare necessities is inappropriate or should be eliminated? I expressly indicated that my concern was with egregious wealth inequality, not wealth inequality. There is obviously some line drawing (as with anything), but your attempt to draw a comparison between a 20 dollar movie ticket and 200,000+ car is not really on point—they are clearly very different. You seem to be focused only on the desire of an individual to maximize their utility, ignoring the good of others. In my opinion, focusing solely on that (the I “earned” it I can do whatever with it argument) is not what we should be doing—society should consider the well being of all and attempt to maximize utility for society not a specific person. Labor should not be so devalued that one party accumulates 20 million dollars of wealth for a year of work, while another only 20k.

My point is that it’s all relative. To you a $20 movie may be appropriate, but to someone who makes $2.00 a month, it is. Why is it your place to criticize what people do with their money, and how gets to decid what is “egregious?”. If you let the person making $2.00 a month make that decision, then you are a morally bankrupt person for spending money on a movie. Mind your own business, and let people spend the money they make working as they wish.

If you don’t want to spend $3000 a month on a car, then don’t. But don’t be a preachy asshole to someone who does. You are free to work as hard as you want and give away the fruits of your labor to anyone you feel like. If someone else chooses to buy luxury items with the same labor, that’s fine too.

@nyclife --> do you have any infiniti lease available this month ? Can you send me your contact info? Thanks

Yes, I’ve posted a bunch

HI NYCLIFE – can you send me your contact info?

Quentin,
i am going to send you a detailed email, but quick question, do u only deal with new cars or you can negoitate a loaner too,if i retain you,i thank you in advance,and waitinf for a quick reply

how are the fees working? are you willing to send through your quotes first?

I can give you a general idea of where the car will be, but won’t give you a definite number upfront.

i sent you email about lexus rx 350, will be registered in NJ. what can i expect?

@Benedetto Do you operate in all continental USA ?

This is Review thread. Contact him directly.

Edit: Sorry, my bad. After seeing your response, I checked my email and I noticed that my reply was never sent out and its sitting in my drafts.

Would you mind forwarding that email? I certainly don’t see it.