Off Topic Landfill 5

Don’t pay $50k over sticker? I wouldn’t pay $5k over sticker.

The advice is wait 4-6 month months and reassess, don’t try and transact now.

1 Like

The problem is they were trading over sticker pre-pandemic. The market has gotten so out of control. I shopped the newly redesigned 2019 body in 2018 when it was first released and was quoted 10k over sticker with a lease payment north of 3k and thought they were out of their minds. I leased a 2018 Range Rover instead for nearly half the price. Since then the market has become even more insane. I have driven the urus, Range Rover autobiography and x5m and none compare to the G. It seems the longer I wait the more the price goes up.

$10k over sticker is still way better than $50k over sticker

1 Like

I wholeheartedly regret not leasing back then. I am not sure if truthful or bs but some dealers I have spoken with say they sold vehicles 100k over sticker.

Possibly. :man_shrugging:t2: It only takes one. There are a lot of people who are both paper-rich and posses no financial sense.

You realize you can’t residualize that $50k bump, and the MF on G63 is going to make amoritizing it over the term absolutely brutal (if it’s even within the advance, which it probably won’t be). You are going to have to pay that as a CCR, and if it gets totaled by a dummy who hits you at the grocery store the next week :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings: and you have to pay it again to replace it.

I understand the heart wants what it wants, but $1388.88 (+ rent and tax if you can roll it in) per month, for 36, just on the bump?

Have you talked to any brokers/dealers in the Marketplace to see what they can do? I’d at least want to be on everyone’s cancellation callback list.

I vaguely recall one broker or dealer, prior to the most recent round of crazy prices (I think), saying that Gs go for $30K over sticker all day long. I imagine a G63 will be even more crazy (not sure if that post was referring to the G63 specifically).

@G63NY can ask @Calvin.MB if there better deals to be had. But I suspect there are not (or, at least, not by much).

1 Like

People should be pushing MB to raise MSRP if this is the new normal. It’s a bizarre kind of initiation fee at this point, which I understand (maybe) ON A PURCHASE. It never makes sense on a lease, ever.

I was wondering this as well. The additional deposit (regardless of how it is allocated) will not be residualized but I was assured because it is part of the total cost of the vehicle it will be insured. I am not certain how this will shake out and will have to have my attorney review the policy language but my insurance broker and the dealer did assure me it would be covered in the event of a total loss. I just got a bite from a broker and hopefully will be able to get the car for less. The silver lining with the G63 is that it holds its value so well and the true cost of ownership will be substantially less than the sum of the payments. The worst case scenario would be car fax report in the event it is damaged and not totaled in which case the lease option protects me from a 50-100 thousand dollar ding.

1 Like

This I would definitely check. A bump sticker isn’t an aftermarket modification. Show/antique/exotic insurance might cover it, I don’t know.

The guy just highjacked the thread

1 Like

Aren’t we all thread hijackers in the end though?

1 Like

The longer I sit on this thing the worse it gets. 30k has turned into 50k within a matter of weeks. In May it was possible to get a 550 for 5K-10K over sticker, however, they are currently selling at 30K over. I think waiting for the 22 is a mistake because they hiked the MSRP from 20 to 21 and with inflation it could be even more substantial for 22.

Read the title. Clearly, the question wasn’t about G63

Sorry! Maybe John should leave MSDs to get to his desired payment. He’s getting a nice SUV almost 10% below sticker in this crazy market. Someone in my garage has this car in black with the AMG wheels (I just checked MBUSA-it’s the 20 inch 5 spoke) and it is very nice!

So if I did $47K + shipping we have a deal? Hahaha

2 Likes

One thing I think folks need to keep in mind is that this is an unprecedented time in the global economy, thanks to COVID. Businesses have been faced with decisions they’ve likely never had to in their own history, namely when supply chain up and down goes haywire, not only does timing get wonky but pricing which is dependent on the stability of supply no longer has a ready foundation. Companies need to make sure they can weather the storm and so do consumers. Make smart decisions for yourself, and pull out of transactions you cannot complete due to changes in circumstances (I bet a lot of us have those). You do risk hurting relationships, but between survival and having to rebuild a customer segment, I would choose the latter.

Mind you, I say all this while I have a car on order at MSRP, and I know I’m not getting everything I’d likely be able to get a year from now. That’s my choice, and I accept the general disruption I am experiencing from a response time average for the same reason. You have to look at the whole system, not just the two people you’re dealing with.

Good luck to everyone, both consumers and producers. This is a tough time but we’ll get through it if we keep our heads screwed on tight and straight!

My 2019 Purchased Nov 2018 has 11k miles total. Fully loaded Msport all options grey with white interior. Perfect shape. Turn in November if someone interested. Warranty food u til Nov2022.

Send me details please

Interested, Please send details.

Car like new. Just never drove much. No accidents. Scratches, dings or dents.