Off Topic Landfill 5

@Clutch Hi are you able to help with BMW X7 lease in the Washington state near Seattle area? Thank you!

1 Like

Absolutely!
Happy to help.

How do you like your M3?

Out of morbid curiosity, what are you financing?

4 Likes

https://www.celebritycars.com/details-2008-porsche-cayman-cayman_s_~_porsche_design_edition_1__1_of_777__95k_msrp_-used-wp0ab29828u781370.html

Just saw a manual one go for 47k on BAT.

Itā€™s been eating me away since I saw it Saturday morning. I just donā€™t know if I want to be responsible for all the maintenance that comes with owning a 14 Y.O car. Might also be too much of an irresponsible purchase for meā€¦

2 Likes

I know this is dumb but 2008 was really 14 years ago??? :exploding_head::joy:

1 Like

And that is the LAST time we need to bring that upā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

OMGā€¦ 1 owner and the mileageā€¦ gem for sure, if youā€™re looking for that car.

EDIT: I canā€™t believe a Cayman S was able to get that high of an MSRP back then. :open_mouth:

Iā€™m fighting a huge inner conflict right now lmaoā€¦ I have a 2016 Mazda 6 daily paid off, I donā€™t have outstanding debt, but like many people my generation I am trying to put all my pennies in the bank and hope for a housing market crash.

Haha on one hand Iā€™m thinking to myself man Iā€™m 25 I gotta enjoy my money while Iā€™m young, on the other hand thatā€™s not financially smart. :roll_eyes:

Quick! Someone buy it and put me out of my misery. :rofl:

Just know that Porsche CAN be pricey to repair/maintain, if youā€™re unaware. That car obviously hasnā€™t been driven at all, so none of the (potential) issues have had a chance to work themselves out. It is great that the car has seen annual service, but there is also something to be said for a car that has sat its entire life IMO.

Its a neat car, but I would be looking to spend more and get into something newer and CPOā€™d. That car is in ā€œnewā€ condition but it is still from 2008.

2 Likes

Just post it here for us to readā€¦

Or they can make their own post as I donā€™t have any authority to alter a lease buyout and was never informed of any issues with my dealer regarding it. If thatā€™s what theyā€™re even referring to in that vague post

2 Likes

Fair point. I just wanted to hear the story, but it sounds like dealer shenanigans on the surface, and not anything related to you or lease deals in general.

2 Likes

@moderators please remove

If anyone would like to hear my Taco lease buyout experience with a PA based Toyota dealer who does many deals though this site, please feel free to DM me.

Long story, and will definitely educate you on what fun can happen at lease end.

3 Likes

You want to hear the horror story of what your dealer did?

Just create a post with all details instead of individual comments. Otherwise community is not going to care to help or solve any issues.

1 Like

$700 fee youā€™re charging is ridiculous. On an 18 month lease youā€™re adding $40 a month removing any benefit of going to a local dealer and getting the car without the hassle of having to go out of state.
Good for you that you are able to collect this but not sure what intelligent consumer would pay this when it kills any benefits offered of a lower price.
Maybe worth it on a $90k car but def makes no sense on a $30k car.
Hereā€™s my two cents - I go on cargurus and find a NJ dealer and close out a deal and save the $700 fee you charge. Good luck to everyone.

Never advertised a $700 fee (for anything). The reason I know this is because I wonā€™t work for $700.

@brokers iā€™d add this guy to the ā€œcustomers to ignoreā€ threadā€¦

4 Likes

Sorry $699 fee. I believe all my points are valid since your response is ā€œcustomers to ignoreā€. I would think you would respond as to why a customer should pay the fee your charging (convenience, car availability / options etcā€¦) instead of avoiding the remarks.