Off Topic Landfill 5

We’re seeing anywhere from 30-90 days for most out of state plates/reg. Some courier services are better than others. The cars I’ve bought recently out of state as an NY resident has been about 45-60 days on average with the exception of one being quicker - but they actually have someone in house run it to the ny dmv.

Interesting, so how does it work with temp plates expiring within 30 days?

Relax dude - email your DMV

Brokers are not liable for License Plates, that’s a DMV problem. Brokers are only there to provide you service on purchasing the car without hassles and at the right price so all you do is sign and drive. You paid for that service. You didn’t pay to get license plates delivered to your house by them.

Isn’t it dealers responsibility to register the car and make sure that plates are issued? Doesn’t every dealer get licensed to do that?

When you’re an out of state buyer, it’s usually handled through a 3rd party service and is at the mercy of your local DMV. The dealer doesn’t know the details of all 50 states. Sometimes things get hung up.

1 Like

I’m sorry that’s bull crap. Not commenting on this specific issue (as it appears there are forces of nature playing a role), but brokers can’t wash their hands once they hand the deal paperwork to you. They need to own the relationship until the end of the process (including getting registration and plates).

2 Likes

One hundred percent

Drop top. Just in time for winter.

2 Likes

i’ll be honest OP seems like a chad guy no fucks given lol

6 Likes

A famwagon? You holding out on us?

Probably a dumb question, but two brokers picking up rs3’s…deals to be had on these if you order? Or just a strong want? Really nice looking car, congrats!

I see people stopped posting the details of their lease/purchase…

Hey, currently interested in a land rover defender with no dealer markup!

Camaro deals still exist eh? Had mine for 20 months. Still loving it.

1 Like

Where the lambo at? :slight_smile:

Im curious what your numbers look like. Please PM ms

What are they going to do with all those trucks? I hope there already pre sold and just waiting for chips to come in.

Their trucks and this is America…worst case, send them all to TX. If their is one group less price sensitive in America, it’s truck buyers. No incentives, plus markups, plus blessings, they’ll still sell.

Plenty of white collar peeps buy full size trucks as well as all the blue collar workers in America who work in the oilfield, the ranch, the farm, and just everyday people. Get the chips in and they’ll have less days in inventory then most of the stuff we talk about on here.

3 Likes

Trucks as a “working man’s vehicle” is about 30 years out of date. It’s like anything else, it crosses all demographics, no different than sedans or minivans or cross overs. I’ve owned 2 trucks and I don’t know one end of a hammer from another and hate getting my dainty hands dirty. But, one day I was like, you know what, I kinda want a truck. And went and got one. Go to a suburban office parking lot and at least 1/3 of the vehicles are trucks.

And no I don’t live in TX. :grin:

2 Likes