Off Topic Landfill 5

just got back from couple of dealers on LI. they are running BF deals for kona ev. i was quoted 276 monthly for 2021 kona ev limited. btw if ur credit score is lower than 740 monthly payment is higher.

What’s LI?

No - tier 1 to tier 3 are the same mf. No need to poo poo his thread. Post instead in the share a deal section.

1 Like

@Lins_Lee

Did you read the fine print? You can get any car for any monthly number with enough out of pocket at signing.

If you have a better deal available you should take it and share your signed contract with others in signed deal section.

1 Like

Long Island=LI

2 Likes

Removed SPAM

Congrats Trish!

I know the answer to this is probably “no” but does anyone have any idea when the stop sale will be over? I, and am sure some others, are in the unenviable position that our Bolt Leases are over and we’re in the 6 months extended timeframe and I was really hoping to get another Bolt/Bolt EUV. We had ordered an ID4 a while back but they also just pushed the delivery date out to the middle of '22. I suspect they don’t want to ship anymore from Germany to the US so they’re just going to wait until the TN plant is on-line.

So sadly I now have to come up with a solution as I need a car. I can either buy my Bolt lease out (despite paying Chevy the month to month extension so I guess that’s $ down the drain), try and wait until 2022 and buy a Bolt in Jan and hopefully get the $7500 or $12500 EV rebate, just give up on EVs and buy something else as you can’t find an EV for sale at this point, etc…

If I had any idea if/when the stop sale would be over and actually have cars available to purchase it would help me make the decision but I doubt anyone really knows but hey doesn’t hurt to task.

It’s not good news for anyone, this is the last I’ve read, not until early 2022 now: GM Bolt and Bolt EUV production halt extended to 2022… maybe Trish and dealers will have their on site stock fixed and can sell before then? One can hope.

Ya, I read something similar but this article also states "Instead of giving even a tentative date for new Bolt production, the spokesperson said there would be an update at the beginning of next year. " It’s a pretty unfortunate situation all around. Just don’t know what to do. Would hate to buy the car I leased for what isn’t exactly a great deal and then bam early Jan be able to pick up a new one with a tax rebate.

I’m on the exact same boat. Considering ordering a Tesla model 3 or an ID4 and own it for a long term. I hope that Bolt EUV will go on sale again before mid-2022. Other than that Niro EV seems to be the only option lol.

Hi @zk1,

Just wondering what your thoughts were on the Niro EV. I am seriously asking as my Honda Clarity Electric lease will run out Jan. 2022. Previous EV was a Ford Focus EV. As the Bolt will not be an option, I was thinking of the Niro EV. I have not test driven any of the options currently out there.

Thanks,

GHTech

I checked out the NiroEV a few times and really liked it. Only problem was they wanted what seemed like a lot for it at the time. These days though what they seem to want doesn’t seem excessive in comparison!

Did you get in on that sweet Clarity electric deal? If yes you may want to inquire if they will let you extend it.

Chevy let’s you extend month to month for up to 6 months and then another fixed 6 month term I just found out IF you have another GM vehicle on “order”. You only get additional miles per month though IF you actually buy/lease a GM vehicle so if you cancel your order you pay the mileage fee. All those extra payments also don’t lower your payout. Both that and the mileage seem ridiculous but we’re all over a barrel. Rambling on this I know but my point is check and see if you can extend the Honda. Jan ‘22 is gonna probably be a difficult time to get a vehicle by unless you are willing to overpay or find a sweet deal.

Hi @wlahome4rent ,

I can extended the lease up to 12 months, and hand it in whenever I want. We have the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid for the longer distance drives (Clarity EV is limited to less than 80 miles). I have another car that I can use till Jun. '22 till get a good deal.

I have not been really looking hard, as I want to test drive a couple of EV’s to narrow the search down. Also, as mentioned above, not in too much of a hurry. Kia has a fairly good lease offer, but not sure if the dealers will go for the numbers.

Regards,

GHTech

That’s a good offer. Shoot, I would gladly take that if I could :smiley: I looked for a while for a Clarity Electric as I thought it was a really nice car for the $ and the range worked fine for me but sadly no one had them available. Just seeing what some brokers are trying to lease them for I can’t imagine you’ll find a dealer for the $209/mo @ $3,499 down (if that’s what you’re seeing). Best of luck though!

HI @wlahome4rent ,

Agreed. The Kia Niro EV offers are pretty good. Finding a dealer to go for it is pretty unlikely. But, I am not in a rush. A nearby dealer got about 35 Niro EV’s in the last couple of weeks.

Regards,

GHTech

Hey Chuck, I’m pretty much in the same boat as the poster with my local Nissan dealership charging me 1995 to even process the deal plus all of the additional fees you mention charging.

I have a 2018 Nissan rogue

If you’re still able to do the lease buyout at the cost mentioned I’d like to take advantage of that if possible. Please let me know as I need to complete the process within the next few days. Thanks in advance!

big fan of the new wheel well design

2 Likes

Ick that car has a bad rear tire :slight_smile: image

Adjustable Bed :stuck_out_tongue:
Making sure people get full Sec 179 write off with 6ft bed haha