Off Topic Landfill 5

*Weakness. FTFY.

Lease or finance? Will move to What’s in Garage if latter :slight_smile:

Lease of course!

71% RV for 33m :see_no_evil:

Any details of this deal? Love the M550, trying to determine what’s possible on them in today’s market.

Hey Ryan! I’d be interested in the 21 Rav4 Hybrid XLE. Can you please send me an email with the information?

I am interested in the suburban please PM me.

Good for you! Enjoy it.

Genuinely curious: does buying a Tesla break your brain, or do only broken-brained folks buy them?

3 Likes

What EV are you buying instead?

1 Like

no one is forcing you to buy an EV right?

No one is forcing anyone to buy any vehicle gas or electric. Use public transportation. What is your point with that comment?

My question was, what EV is matt buying over a Tesla.

1 Like

The point of my comment was that you can buy pretty much anything over Tesla without all of these comical maneuvers.

Your initial response is definition of comical maneuver.

So I guess the realty to matts comment was not against Tesla, but against EV’s in general. Is that what you are getting at.

What he was basically saying was…“Genuinely curious: does buying an EV break your brain, or do only broken-brained folks buy them?”

So your question wasn’t along the lines of there are no other EVs so Tesla is a smart choice, or something similarly brilliant?

Instead of buying a Tesla, feature for feature and dollar for dollar buying a Camry or like will give you everything but the “car go brrr from traffic light to traffic light” and leaves you with about $15k in your pocket. The only place where buying a Tesla makes any kind of sense is NJ when the rebates are at full, and no sales tax. Outside of those parameters, look up south park smug episode and replace the word hybrid with the word Tesla.

1 Like

So it is just general EV dislike, go it.

1 Like

Don’t put words in my mouth please, it’s the general Tesla dislike for reasons outlined in many other threads and yet to be disproven even once. Take away the “brrr” and the cult, and it’s got absolutely nothing of value

Can you not equate the stock with the vehicle please? Two completely different conversations. Just because I hate the vehicle, doesn’t mean I missed the boat on the stock. That’s the beauty of not being a brainwashed idiot, one can make money off them without becoming them.

the short version, very few people will admit to making a 50k mistake on a polarizing issue. You yourself don’t want to pay the amount, who’s making you? Who is holding a gun to your head making you buy a Tesla? It’s not like EVs are going away and this is your last chance to get one. There are better and smarter financial decisions than doing that.

Do you know why it’s always compared to 3 series or the like? Because of price, but again, if you stop and think, you are getting a Camry / Accord / Elantra car for a f-ton more money and nothing in return but “it goes faster”.

Everything past the first 2 posts in this thread can be viewed on the discord server that was linked in the 2nd post. If we can’t have ancillary conversations that are related to the topic, then may as well just close the thread, because again, everything that is strictly on subject was already said, and everything else is in that discord server.

Genuinely curious: does buying any Toyota TRD Pros break your brain, or do only broken-brained folks buy them?

3 Likes

I’ve never owned a Toyota in my life (but a big, big fan of kaizen 改善, かいぜん and the Toyota Way!). Perhaps check with someone who has, sport.

2 Likes

Dude you have a Land Rover. Literally the least reliable car on the planet for the price.

8 Likes