Off Topic Landfill 4

Thanks! I love it and the pups do too haha

Solid deal. Congrats!

1 Like

Mercedes GLE 450 4matic:

36,000 miles/ 3 years.

MSRP 78,100

Deal: Drive off $6000 and $998 including tax. Dealer also adding end of lease (first class lease protection valued at $7,000)

Do you think the is a good deal or more room for negotiation?

Signed this deal Mercedes GLE 450 4matic:

36,000 miles/ 3 years.

MSRP 79,100

Deal: Drive off $6000 and $998 including tax. Dealer also adding end of lease (first class lease protection valued at $7,000)

Hi Calvin,

Mercedes GLE 450 4matic:

36,000 miles/ 3 years.

MSRP 78,100

Thank you

I know Tesla’s have the cool factor with some people, but that’s way too much for a compact/midsize car. especially since it isn’t really a new car anymore.

For that kind of money I would find something better. I suspect that a decade from now you’ll look back and say - What was I thinking ?

why? is it that bad of a car?

No, the car is insanely nice! I’m lease swapping because I’m moving back to Northern Virginia in a few months and was told I’d pay sales tax on the sale price of the car when I register it, plus they charge property tax every year on the assessed value. Looking to get a CPO X6M, GLE63 Coupe, or G550 myself.

I think BMW just doesn’t want people swapping leaseswhen there are so many sitting on the lot - or maybe all 8 people that applied were liars about their income and cred score :wink:

You should look into that, because I don’t think you’d have to as a new resident (whether you lived in Virginia prior to moving away is immaterial unless that away period is trivial). As someone moving from another state of domicile you’d be a new VA resident. IANAA

Ironically you’d definitely pay sales tax on the purchase you’re thinking of

No way around PPT either way AFAIK, so that shouldn’t sway your thinking

Looks like you are right about sales tax.

If you are titling your vehicle in Virginia for the first time and you hold a valid assignable title or registration issued in your name by another state or a branch of the United States Armed Forces, you will not have to pay the Motor Vehicle Sales and Use Tax. However, if you purchased the vehicle within the preceding 12 months, you must provide proof that the sales and use tax was paid elsewhere in order to be exempt in Virginia.
Vehicles | Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

And yes, there is no way around property tax.

1 Like

Can always try to play the Montana LLC, if you want to risk it. Nova cracks down tho also on MD tags that haven’t been updated.

Not suggesting a very grey area of inter-state tax law, just saying it’s an option…if you aren’t afraid of getting popped and really hate ppt

Why suggest tax evasion, especially when no sales tax may be due?

@ursus @max_g Yeah, in Florida where I am now, you pay taxes only on the payments. So I guess I can get a discount on the few hundred dollars of taxes I’ve paid. It’ll definitely be within 12 months of getting it - I have to move for work. Sales tax is DEFINITELY due it seems like.

I’ve been on the phone with both BMWFS for hours and indirect contact with the Virginia DMV. It’s kind of ridiculous you pretty much need a tax lawyer to deal with this

So in my case, I’m paying 4.15% on ~$150k (estimated, I have no clue, maybe it’s like 130k), the second I register it = $6225, plus personal property tax ($105k estimated value?) = $3825 according to a calculator. That’s almost 10k on top of my payment of $1270/mo, insane!

There’s no way I’m paying that to bring the M8, I have 2k of positive equity, I’m selling it within a month or so for a 2018-2019 CPO X6M (and paying tax of course) and calling it a day.

Here’s Virginia Beach’s PPT calc, with 150k MSRP you may bee looking at 5k+ on PPT but likely mid 3’s to 4’s with VA’s not so friendly depreciation algo. Insert the Welcome to Porsche Virginia meme

Exactly. The other alternative is that I find a place in DC instead of NOVA (I’m from the area) and buy a 2017-2018 “CPO” P100D Tesla with 0% tax/registration fees. I made $3k each on a 2015 Model S P90DL and a 2016 Model X P90DL that I had for 9 months each :slight_smile:

1 Like

The link that @Ursus posted, that sounds like any sales/use taxes paid to another state makes you exempt from VASUT… you are implying it would be credited towards VASUT owed.

@max_g That doesn’t make sense, you could lease the car for 36 months in another state, make one payment in a state that taxes on the monthly and move to Virginia for the remaining 35 payments and pay 0 tax on the rest of the car? I doubt they’re letting you get out of that, ya know?

I’m really curious if any other users on the forum have moved from a monthly state to a sale price tax state within the first year of their lease.

There’s an entire profession dedicated to figuring out legal loopholes. You may have found one for free.

Not that it matters what other sales-price states do but Texas allows new residents to just pay a one-time $90 tax IIRC.

4 Likes

LMAO I like how you guys just took this post over…