Off Topic Landfill 3

yeah that’s not sketchy at all :rofl:

why would someone not be able to add fleet, loyalty, or other incentives if they qualify?

6 Likes

@nyhacker respectfully if you feel that way you are more than welcome to shop elsewhere.

I just don’t understand why someone wouldn’t be able to qualify or add incentives on these cars if they qualify? seems very strange

can you shed some light on that or explain why that is because you didn’t answer my question

your more than welcome to PM me the response.

3 Likes

It’s because the dealer punched the car. They bought it at a huge discount from MB for various reasons. It’s crappy those cars can still be sold as “new” but incentives don’t apply. Dealerbhas more room though so you can push.

Source please?

1 Like

I don’t think this is right. This could possibly make sense for a few cars, but not at scale like what is being advertised here.

1 Like

I am aware this has been a topic amongst some of the other Mercedes Brokers to their prospective customers and was brought to my attention awhile back as a tactic to discredit my deals.

They are my competition so I wouldn’t expect anything less. Hence possibly why a few of them are liking your post.

To answer your question it is simply my dealer’s policy that they may not be added and it ends there.

I understand some clients including yourself may feel uncomfortable with that however it is free market and they are welcome to search for better offers and if they do find a better offer which would permit them to stack on top of 15% off I would encourage myself to grab them.

On the other hand…I started not to long ago…a few months to be exact with the goal of bringing something other than BMW and Volvo to LH. I would confidently say that as of recently I probably move more Mercedes Benz vehicles than any one else in this site.

My discounts of 13-20% on NEW Mercedes without the need to qualify for any fleet or loyalty are more than likely the driver behind this…My prices are steeper than what most clients and brokers accomplish by stacking fleet and loyalty and I can assure everyone there is no sketchy business going on and my broker reviews reinforce that along with my 200 vehicles sold in the last three months without a single complaint.

It would be nice to hear some praise on the contributions we brought with Mercedes Benz to this site. I have yet to see discounts as steep as the ones we offer being available on a repetitive basis on new cars.

12 Likes

That’s like a 2/10 on the LH broker sketchiness index

@nyhacker Sina has made the policy pretty clear, and in previous posts here on LH, he has always said that if you can find a dealer who is willing to provide a similar pre-incentive discount AND stack rebates on top, then by all means do so (because he knows that, in most cases, they won’t)

A second exercise any buyer could do is take his any of his posted deals and make adjustments to the LH calculator to find out if there’s any benefit to them to have the rebates in lieu of the steeper discount. It would take a considerable dollar amount (in excess of 2 or 3k in some cases) in rebates to achieve the equivalent payment he achieves through steeper discount and no rebates.

A final note to be aware of is his LH calcs do not include taxes (as we all know tax situations vary widely). There might be a situation where you’d want to have a rebate-heavy deal in lieu of a higher discount, assuming the amounts were equivalent, if you lived in a state where the tax situation was beneficial to doing so (think taxable vs non-taxable rebates here)

1 Like

@nyhacker regardless just so you know…regardless of anything said…I respect and appreciate your contribution to the LH community. So thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Lol you are preaching to the wrong person my man, I understand how leasing works.

I know that this is leasehackr and people are solely focused on who’s giving the biggest discount and that’s all that matters, however to some people, the HOW matters just as much as the discount itself.

^that is the type of answer that you give when you don’t want someone to know the answer. The type of answer that a dealership should be giving, not a broker. As a broker, it’s important to provide aggressive pricing but even more important to provide transparency.

If we took a survey of 100 Mercedes Dealerships and Brokers and provided the information that you gave on your marketplace ADs, every single one would have the same response and say that something sketchy is going on.

Imagine a new BMW broker sprouted out of the weeds tomorrow and started offering 3% better discount on every BMW compared to the best broker on the forum except added “only caviat is that you can’t add any incentives what so ever” Any logical person would look at that and say " that doesn’t sound right" but people are willing to turn a blind eye because of the price.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it probably is a duck

3 Likes

Just let it go. People just Like busting balls for no reason.

Do you understand that he is a middle man and his deals are what his dealership gives him? So these are dealership’s deals and he may not even know how and why they give these discounts. In the end, build your own sausage if you care how it’s build.

lol you are very naive my friend.

1 Like

It all comes down to what’s the better deal. While your intrigued to know “why”, does it really matter if you’re getting a better deal than maybe a lower discount but being able to add loyalty etc?

I could care less why or what they are doing as long as that monthly payment is lower. As @AutoCompanion mentioned, it’s the dealers policy, if you don’t like it then keep shopping around for something that makes “sense”.

3 Likes

Probably not a successful defense strategy, bear!

Not a defense. He’s still a middle man even if he knows exactly how the dealer structures deals.

4 Likes

They can probably make it up from the deals. For example, they offer a straight 15% regardless of what you qualify for and who you are. Let’s you go in and get the deal and the car. You’re all set and done. Next person comes in, they qualify for Fleet and loyalty, but again, they are going to stick with that 15%. On the backend, they can probably claim that money so the discount might technically be less but they still got 15%. They probably average it out and see what they can offer and then provide that to @AutoCompanion. He passes those deals on to you and you get the car you want at a discount that’s likely not possible at many other dealerships without wasting any of your time.

1 Like

Some people just like to argue and be difficult I see. The broker has provided you with pricing for a specific vehicle. You either choose to accept that price or not. I don’t understand why, unless you’re being incentivized by the competition, you would be so argumentative over something that is black and white.

2 Likes

I am with nyhacker on what you said here. Here I do not understand why other qualified discounts cannot be applied to any of Sina’s deals. The process is unclear to me. That is why I am looking for other brokers outside of DMV even leasecompanion seems to be the sole broker in this area.

1 Like