Off Topic Landfill 3

I think the BAT has some jealousy issues with certain individuals. Sorry :neutral_face:

1 Like

You can fuck straight off.

Sorry pal. Someone had to tell you what everyone knows already

Wow, you leave for an hour and… As @Lazarus said, he explained himself more fully (I assume the poster is a he), and I was fine w/ that. ::shrug:: I’m fine moving on.

2 Likes

I am 1 month in with a 2020 X3MC, so here are my thoughts:

1. Ride is stiff, for sure, but I swapped the summer tires (Conti Contact 6) after 500 miles to a wider staggered set (265/40/21 F & 295/35/21 R) in UHP All Seasons (Pirelli Scorpions AS Plus) and the ride became more compliant albeit still on a harsher side. Well, it’s a “track-ready crossover”, right? Going for a wider track dulled the steering feel and grip a little bit but could be just the fact that these are AS compounds. On summers, this one feels just like Mini JCW, M3/4 or 911, low profile rubber + large rims = no way to argue with physics and potholes.

2. I am still in break-in period, but I am aware that the default low end torque will remain underwhelming even after 1st service. Actually, this I6 slightly reminds me of the V8 in e92. It’s pretty common with BMW’s I6s, they must be revved to get to the M zone. Just the way they tune them generally. Got to use those M modes and paddle shifters to get going at low speeds.

3. Sound, oh well, BMW rarely have decent stock exhaust notes (just coming from the 2020 M550, same thing despite V8 and 523 bhp), definitely got to go with aftermarket set. This one is not an exception. My neighbour has an M2, and it sounds fantastic with aftermarket exhaust.

My take on “why early transfers?”:

1. The car is given to a wife/girlfriend/mom etc who are not very interested in performance. The guy got it just because the deal was a steal and wanted it for a household but not for himself as a daily. i.e. no need for a performance pony. Possibly already has a “fun car”. I know a couple of guys who have done this. And swapped them few months in. Significant other complains about the stiff ride and a “drone” of exhaust and possibly relatively small boot space. No need for high hp. So the car hits the market.

2. A guy (petrolhead or not) gets the car. Expects an M3 in SUV form. Gets disappointed with low end torque, exhaust note, stiff ride and possibly extra cost of winters and AS tire set. We tend to accept the harsh ride in low riding 2 seaters but the brain refuses to compute this in SUV. Result, the car hits the market.

On competition, coming from Macan S, Cayenne S, a few AMG 63s, test drove extensively the AR Stelvio QF, and I think that BMW offers the best $ deal overall; AMGs, must buy or pay >50% of the car over 3 years of lease; same with AR Stelvio, lease numbers are silly with Alfa; Porsches, same as Alfa, must buy, lease MF is a robbery. Lease transfers are closed for Alfas afaik, MB temporarily suspended lease transfers, with all VW Group brands, possible but you remain liable as a co-lessee , so no good for transfers unless it’s your blood relative.

From performance and fun perspective, AMGs are #1 (their V8s and exhaust notes are simply unmatched in this sector), subtlety prize IMO goes to Porsche SUVs (but nothing to write home about), Alfa is fun but wouldn’t take chances with it, X3M is a great package overall and unbeatable deal $ wise. Having said that, I will probably transfer it in a few months too, but just because I tend to get bored with any car within a year or so.

1 Like

Looking to lease a GLA 35 what’s a good money factor and residual on these SUV’s

Just pm’d you for 330xi

I pm’d you for m340xi

is your Mercedes-Benz spreadsheet updated?

1 Like

Hi! Do you have current Porsche deals yet:)? Thanks !

Hey, I am in ny. How is the pricing and inventory on the Nissan SUVs? I am hunting for an SUV by end of next month the latest. Thnx, Mike

Japanese counterparts offer massage seats, with happy ending.

@nyclife, I have PM’d on a lease request for M340i xdrive. Thanks

Hello. I would like to have a deal with you. Did you use something like that Vehicle Inspection Report for example from auctionstreaming?

Would like to see the best lease we could get on a 2020 Jeep trackhawk

Don’t have any in stock. I do have a V8 Overland. Generally, the Trackhawk doesn’t lease well.

We keep review thread for reviews

Sounds like a great deal! Can you share dealership?

Need a 4x4 crew cab tundra for a buddy. He just totaled his F250. Insurance totaled it he is ready to go. What’s available right now ? Please text me 941-720-2969

Here’s how I understand Leasing (Of course many people will probably say I’m wrong)

Leasing is basically Renting a Car and giving it back at the end of the term.

• The manufacturer gets the full agreed upon price as if you bought the car (paid in full by the bank)
  • The Bank (Which can be related to the manufacturer) gets the Rent Fee from you (Comes from the MF)
  • The bank charges a ‘depreciation’ fee based on how much value the car will lose in the lease period (they get this from your payment as well) (This leaves the Residual Value of the car)
  • At the end of the lease the Bank will then sell the rented car via various ways (such as Auction) and hopes that it will sell for at least the Residual Value.
  • You will also pay for an Acquisition and Disposition Fee which is basically the costs to start the rental and to end the rental.
  • You never own the car during the period.
  • You are borrowing the car from the Bank.

0% Financing?

• The Manufacturer gives the Bank (Because 0% is always from the Captive Lender), some money for helping finance the car.
  • The Finance Arm of a Manufacturer is usually a separate entity that has it’s own books and bills that are different than the Manufacturer.