Off Topic Landfill 2

Why so much hate for 1%?

It is a fine measuring stick.

You won’t ever see a deal above 1% that anyone on here thinks is a good deal.

It’s a useless measuring stick. It, in no way, informs if something is a good deal. There are vehicles that are unattainable at 1%, there are vehicles that are a bad deal at .5%, there are vehicles that are a bad deal for one person at .75% and the exact same vehicle is a great deal for another person for 1.1%, depending on personal circumstances.

2 Likes

Besides a Toyota Truck maybe, what non-exotic car is attainable at 0.5%??

Name one.

Hyundai ioniq ev

Anything else?

Try getting an AMG or a rover…

Over the past few years, there have been many different vehicles with examples around that. BMW i3, fiat 500e, v60cc, s90, tundra, etc

Encore !!!

No, I’m not going to come up with another list!

Ha!

1 Like

oh come on !!! But u have that special badge which is supposed to spoonfeed everyone !!!

1 Like

And there are exceptions to every rule. Doesn’t mean the rule doesn’t apply for the vast majority of cases.

The problem is something actually being 1% is the exception, not the rule.

For the casual hacker who is trying to understand where they stand, it isn’t a bad rule of thumb. Better than dealing with a lot of folks on here who are incredibly rude to any newcomers.

1 Like

It is though. It doesn’t inform if something is a good deal.

Wow just noticed this thread after 5 years of sporadically checking this site(don’t remember my old account info). I am a mortgage broker in CA. Have had this family business for over twenty years and have originated over a billion dollars in loans. Just 4 of us in our office in the valley and we are all family. If anyone ever has any questions about mortgages or real estate I would be happy to help out. Also if anyone needs help with financing in CA, make sure I am one of the people you call. Probably not a single situation that I haven’t seen.

Thanks,
Marc
United National Mortgage
NMLS# 300447

Agreed, and when you’ve already invested time with a potential customer, you really want to reap some return from it. I totally missed this when this happened! That reminds me of the guy that was accusatory when I didn’t answer a text on Friday for a whopping 30 minutes, and then he had a “family emergency” and ended up calling the dealership around us after that: Help with 2020 RAV4 Lease.

Jesus, I’m sorry Ashleigh/Electric (can never tell who’s who, probably Ashleigh). Sounds like a real piece of work.

1 Like

Yup, it’s Ashleigh. I really liked the family emergency that he made up and then claimed “well, we’re putting off a lease now.” He said they had just left the hospital, blah blah, but in the meantime, he had the time to call the dealership and try to lease the car!

I don’t know what’s worse – someone just going behind Mike’s back without contacting him or something like this when time is invested in a customer who tries to skirt the fee (which was $349 on this car, by the way).

$349? Lmao, that’s really cheap of him

1 Like

I will whole-heartedly admit to being the cheapest Jew on earth, but I’m not going to come off as a schnorrer to other people!