Off Topic Landfill 2

It’s a trophy! You hugged that pillar wall tight! :rofl::joy::rofl::+1:

1 Like

Doesn’t Audi have 72 months 0% financing for 2019 models? Beautiful ride but that monthly must be $$$…

Do you guys ship to SoCal? Interested in the X3 M Competition deals you have

1 Like

Just texted you. Thanks!

Baller! lol

1 Like

I’m very new to leasehackr and I’m going to take a first stab at this and make an assumption that this car is not hackable at the moment.

1 Like

You can adjust your Federal tax income withholding so that you owe roughly 5k at the end of the year.

Doesn’t matter if only the owner of the vehicle is eligible to claim that credit.

1 Like

I think this is a personal decision. You have to take into consideration of the 330e features vs 330i features. We don’t really have a full picture of understanding what is “worth waiting for”. Is it just a 3 series you want? Does the e/i matter?

That’s not how it works. Please don’t give incorrect tax advice.

It is based on tax you owe before taxes paid in (aka tax withholding). This is how I claimed federal tax credit with a 8936 form on another vehicle. Care to educate me if this is not how it works? I’d like to know.

It’s on federal taxes paid for the entire year, doesn’t matter if you own or not when filing at tax time. There is no federal rebate on leases anyways.

If I were to purchase an EV with $5000 Federal tax credit as of 8/1/2020 and I adjusted my federal tax withholding so that at the end of the year, I owe $5k in federal taxes, wouldn’t the $5k tax credit cover that? What am I missing?

It doesn’t matter what you owe at tax filing time. If you didn’t adjust your withholdings and paid at least $5k in federal taxes, but don’t own anything at tax filing time, you will get $5k back.

2 Likes

It’s based on your tax liability for the year. You seem to have no understanding of taxes and why someone would have a remaining tax liability versus a refund.

1 Like

In 2014 and in 2017, I had enough taxable income after subtracting my deductions and my exemptions from my adjusted gross income. This resulted in a tax liability of $7500 to offset the non-refundable credit. I did this twice with GM, what don’t I understand?

Say your tax liability is $2500, you cannot offset the entire $5000 tax credit no matter how you change your withholding. Your withholding is not used to calculate your tax liability.

When I made adjustments to my tax withholding, it (1) gives more money every paycheck, (pay more taxes when filed) or (2) spreads payments to the government for taxes (so you have a reduced bill when you file).

With my roth, I transferred my funds from the pre-tax savings, so that I can pay that tax conversion when I filed my taxes. I did not withhold to increase my tax liability.

This quote basically tells me you don’t know how income taxes work. Multiple people have explained it to you. You still don’t get it. Either get a really good tax guy or use a tax prep program.

Neither of these are changes to your tax liability for the year…