% off MSRP on a GTI?

Wondering how far under MSRP to aim for (before incentives). I see 12% quoted occasionally but I think there are factory to dealer incentives at play this month that might call for something larger.

Welcome and happy three week anniversary: tomorrow.

Where in our solar system will you be leasing this fictional GTI from, with no specific trim or model year? All those things kinda matter unless you don’t mind driving it 5 straight days to get home.

What research has led you to the 12% off conclusion? Sources? How recent?

1 Like

I’ve learned the dealer incentive is $2k at this time. So I’m thinking to try MSRP minus 12% minus $2k as a starting point.

Don’t think you’re gonna get 12% - Rebates, but maybe there is a highly motivated dealer. I feel like BMW has just made everyone on this forum think “Yeah, 12% off pre incentives is the minimum starting point, won’t take anything less”

4 Likes

Thanks for the input. I’m trying to avoid beating my head against the wall grinding dealers down to a number that isn’t achievable. I got a TrueCar quote just for fun and it looks fantastic at first glance. Digging deeper it’s within 1% of “invoice” (so roughly 5% discount from MSRP) minus the $2k incentive. Not very aggressive. Factor in the bullsht Florida dealer fees and its not so great at all.

Edit: speaking of dealer fees, I have a Georgia dealer in the mix and their fees are just as bad. I’ve never transacted a car across state lines before. Anything about doing this I need to watch out for?