Msrp: 28470
Selling price: 27645
Term: 2020 Rav4 LE AWD
Rebate: lease 0
Dealer fees: 999
Dmv: 350
Bank fee: TBD
Monthly:209/mo

He told me if TFS was passed with 0 bank fee.

the total number for drive out is $5100 after everything including the first month.
2999+350(DMV)+800(tax)+999(dealer fee) will be around 5100-5200.

I put the numbers into the calculator got 7.2 years.

Not sure if this is the fair deal. I already contacted a few dealers, this one is the lowest.
They keep saying the 2999/209 promotion will end.

This looks like a very poor deal to me, which is standard for an advertised special

Yea I think they just trying to push me with ā€œthe promotion ends soonā€. Iā€™m not sure 2999/209 is a good promo or not.
What the price looks like a few months ago. I search on the forum, but no one is leasing the basic model(LE)
Is there a better chance the promotion got bigger by June?

Thanks for the helpļ¼

As a fairly safe rule of thumb, if itā€™s an advertised promo, it isnā€™t a good deal.

The ā€œpromotionsā€ you are referring to do not exist. All-in, your payment is $351.67, which is not that good for a base spec RAV4.

Discount is very low, aim for closer to 12%. This is not a hybrid model with barely any discount, this is a more run-of-the-mill RAV4.

Thanks for the info !!

This is my first time experience getting a car.
What part of the fee i could aim for when I negotiate with them to get lower.

It really should had been $2,999 with $185

wow, then should i wait a little bit for June?

I donā€™t know. Do you want to?

If you want to do it yourself, reach out to more dealers and target a 12% of MSRP discount before any incentives you are eligible for. Then research the MF and RV values on Edmunds, and post you offer info here for feedback.

Otherwise I recommend using a broker to save yourself time and money. I would reach out to Jim (@Jrouleau426) or Mike (@Bostoncarconcierge) who are brokers and do a lot of Toyota leasing, Iā€™m sure they can offer a much lower monthly and lower DAS on likely a better trimmed RAV4 model. There are other NY Metro brokers, but Jim and Mike do more Toyota leasing than others.

Targeting 12% of MSRP discount is really hard right now due to the factory not manufacturing vehicles and the inventory maybe short at this point. But I think you can aim around 8%-10% discount off of MSRP though. As far as I know, TFSā€™s residual is around mid 60s with the rate of at least .00175.
(It is .00197 in my region with .00265 with the rebate) Instead of going to dealers, just shoot inquiries to the multiple dealerships.

1 Like

If you are just going to read ads or blindly ask for quotes, you are just going to get a string of bad deals forever.

Donā€™t shop around until you know exactly what to offer for your target vehicle.

What about Honda CRV EX trim AWD
Msrp $30,180. I just helped my friend ro lease one. He got $315/m 36/10 with 1st payment only Due at signing. They also gave him free oil changes during the lease.
BTW LX trim should be cheaper around $30/m

Iā€™m not sure if you are seriously asking if itā€™s a good deal but you are paying over Msrp with that dealer fee. Isnā€™t there a cap for doc fee in NY?

I see what you r talking about. Thanks for the info.

Yeah OP has to look at something else. RAV4 leases are atrocious rn given the MF and the lack of discount and rebates.

will you be able to share the dealer details?