[NY / NJ Area] Current Toyota Lease (7 payments left), want to get Rav4 - Any brokers able to help?

Hey All,

I’m currently in a 2015 Toyota Camry LE with a maturity date of 9/1/2018 (7 payments of $255 left, well under mileage). I’m interested in using a “pull-ahead” or “loyalty” program to get me out of this lease and into a 2017/2018 Rav4 XLE.

Are there any brokers that would be able to help me? I’m looking for 24/36 month leases with 15,000 miles (12,000 may be OK for the right deal). Would love to know if anyone has anything - the registration will be in New York, NY.

Thanks

There aren’t any such programs for that unless your payoff is less than the car is worth (check kbb). You aren’t over mileage, so why do you want to switch now. Can you wait 7 months?

Unfortunately, I am not able to wait 7 months and need to move pretty quickly. The “want” in the title should probably have read “borderline-need” :slight_smile:

I have seen some pull-ahead programs online (just some googling) for Toyota and other manufacturers. I’d also be willing to roll the remaining lease payments into the new lease if the deal is good enough.

Thanks!

Unless the pull-ahead is coming directly from the captive, it’s not a true “pull-ahead” as you are thinking. Most likely, the dealer is moving you into a new car by rolling your existing payments into the new lease, and calling it a pull-ahead. Be aware of this when shopping, and question how your existing payments are being handled on your existing lease.

Thanks for the tip - I’m willing to roll over the ~$50 into the lease payments for the right deal.

You are probably looking at in a zero drive off deal a payment of 370 with 15k miles or 334 with 1400 at signing. Nothing is going to look good rolling in negative equity. Minus 19 per month for 12k.

The best that I’ve gotten so far was 36m/15k for $376 including NYC tax and first months payment drive off. Comes with the “Plus” Extra Value package

There is probably ~400 in that, but pretty close to the best you are going to get. It isn’t the best scenario to be in.

Out of curiosity, what is the need to switch from sedan to small SUV?