(NY) Mazda CX-5 Touring - How much can I negotiate?

Hello all,

First of all, want to thank everyone and the Leasehakr team for putting together such a great platform.

I’m planning on leasing a 2019 CX-5 Touring W/ Preferred Package. And thIs is the first offer I got from the dealership:

Lease Terms: 36mo / 15K Per Year
MSRP: $30,640
Sale Price: $29,148
Down: $2,000 + DMV
Monthly Payments: $373.14
ZIP: 11706

I still think I can do much better. Following the 1% rule, I’d like to get it down somewhere around $320 w/ $0 Down. Is this a realistic number or should I look to another vehicle? How should I approach the negotiations with the dealer? This is the very first time I’m leasing and I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Invoice us about 29500 on Edmund’s, you can see if they’ll go $1000 below but it’s a hot car, not sure there is much room. What MF and Residual are they using?
I believe there is also $750 lease cash on the touring this month so make sure sale price is before the rebate.

Other Mazda experts on here can chime in. I think $330 to $350/month would be reasonable

Thanks for your reply! I’m not sure about MF & Residual, I will have to check with the dealer (unless that’s something I can figure out with what I already have)…

MF and RV can be found on the Edmunds forum, which you can then use on the calculator. Make sure your request includes the 36/15 term you’re looking for.

Here in SoCal I just closed with a MF of 0.00139. for 36/12 RV is 62%. IIRC, for 36/15 RV is 60%. This was for one w/o Preferred Pkg. There is also $750 loyalty and possibly additional rebates from Mazda you should ask about

I recently negotiated few. You can negotiate the selling price. I’ve got somewhere between 8-11%. Also I believe the residuals are not fixed so you can negotiate it as well

A post was split to a new topic: 2021 Mazda CX-5 deal check