Ny kia stinger gt2

Just wanted some advice on these numbers my GM quoted me on.

MSRP- $53,510
Asking- $49,448
After Negotiation- $48,448
Rebates/Incentives- $9,020
MF- 0.00192
Residual- 50% (3 years)
DP- 4k

They still have me at $499/month for 36/12. Seems a little aggressive. Let me know what you guys think.

$9,000 in incentives sounds great, BUT the $4,000 downpayment sounds high.

Only 1000 dollar dealer discount is weak

Not to mention I’m a salesman here. Just wanted to see what everyone else is paying for these.

Your GM isn’t doing you any favors. You should know the programs and deals better than we do if you work there. Try shopping around at other dealers. 12% discount below incentives should be the target.

Also, put 0 down.

From $53k msrp?

The first one is incorrect sorry. With the 4k down on your lease calculator it should look something more like this. What is everyone else leasing these out for?

:rofl: What sales person have you EVER dealt with that actually knows the lease programs and how to calculate a lease payment, besides typing numbers into a program or going to their manager?

@Mahalo88 you can search threads, as you know there isn’t much meat on the bone with Kia. 10% seems to be about the norm but some have reported 12-14%. Best to check the Stinger forums for prices paid. I’d say that this is a “good” deal. The MF is what destroys these things; they are good lease to buy candidates.

1 Like

~1750 under invoice? Smells like an employee deal to me, actually.

I have a similar deal pending on a 2020 Ceramic Silver GT2
MSRP- $54,190
Selling price- $50,591
Rebates 7400
Cash Cap Reduction - 4155
Adj cap cost 40,311
DP- 5k

They have me at $585/month (includes 6% max tax) for 36/18. Very interested in your thoughts?

Do you have the RV and MF for this? With 18k miles a year the RV is going to be atrocious for a Kia Stinger GT2. You are also getting less than 10% dealer discount and you’re putting a cash cap reduction of 4k down. I would say you need to get well over 10% discount before incentives and no down payment.

Also, review Edmunds forums to get the lease cash available on the GT2, I usually see this car with over 11k in lease incentives. That may have changed since this is a new month.

1 Like

Residual is 26,500 and MF .00186…also just joined Edmonds and checking (seeing around 9k)

Looks as if you’re getting base MF rate, but they may be keeping some of the lease cash themselves and providing a poor discount. You’re RV looks to be about 49% as based on your high yearly mileage requirement.

This car may be better buying out the lease as soon as you can.

1 Like

Hmm, so challenge them on lease cash? Yeah, I’m leasing because I’m not committed to the car yet. Thought process…kids driving next year, any type of accident makes the car less desirable for me to own esp for future resale. The lease let’s me see how it goes for 3 years and if I love it, by it for more than I would have paid 3 years ago, else give it back. I can get the 15k miles lease and pay 20 cents on average miles as well…the 15k lease was 530 (includes the 30 tax)

This forum has already provided value. Originally I was set on buying since I’ve leased last six years on primary car and wanted freedom of owning. So, that is why I had a deposit in mind that I carried to the lease. I asked for monthly without deposit and the overall cost (assuming drive off cost is same… validating) is $700 less than if I paid 5k upfront. Weird