2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Naive question, for NYS, on Ioniq and i3 leases would the dealer roll in the $2,000 NYS tax rebate and $7,500 federal tax credit into the deal and there is nothing for the leasee to claim later, correct? I just wanted to double check because a dealer was telling me otherwise.

If that’s accurate, is the $2,000 NYS rebate already included in the $999 down, $79/m national ad for Ioniq?

The $7500 tax credit goes to the leasing company. They usually pass it on in the form of an incentive, but they don’t have to. I’m not positive on the $2000 NYS rebate, but I believe the dealer can either apply it to the sale and get reimbursed later, or you can get it sent to you. The former is preferred because it’s the dealer fronting the money and not you.

Only the incentives from Hyundai (which includes the $7500) are included in their advertised promotions. Any local incentives are in addition to them.

1 Like

who wouldn’t want to protect a depreciating asset with another depreciating asset!? :joy: I am enjoying this thread and am mostly jealous my state has zero Ionics.

Agree on only making sense with state rebates, bu NYS and DE are not the only states with support for EV cars.
But bring car insurance into the equation kind of extra since you’d be paying it anyway be it Civic or Ioniq.

It’s interesting with the insurance. It’s actually one of the reasons I decided to do this. I had been considering a Fusion Energi, which I think is a nicer car, back when they had some good incentives. But, insurance was going to be close to $100/mo. The Ioniq was only $43 to add, and that’s with $500 deductive on collision and $100 on comprehensive with $0 on glass. According to the paperwork I only need $1000 for each, so i could probably save a few more buck if I wanted to.

Just checking back to say I took delivery today. $144 Zero due at signing. I got a weird confirmation from the finance manager that I would also be able to claim the $7500 ferderal tax rebate.

You won’t be able to.
Was $144 for Basic or Limited? What State?

You definitely cannot do that.

In CT. This was for the basic. I didn’t think I would get that rebate, but she said they were only claiming the CT rebate not the federal.

Dealers don’t claim the federal rebate, HFS is the owner and claims it.

Right. Only the leasing company can claim it on a lease. Hyundai is choosing to pass it on as part of their $14,500 rebate, so everyone is getting it. It’s just not direct.

The dealer/Hyundai basically claimed it for you in the form of the $14,500 in lease cash and passed it along to you, along with some extra incentive.

That is what I thought, and it was not part of my math so I don’t feel like I got Hoodwinked, just a little happy when she said she thought I could still claim it. Still $144 for zero drive in happy. Lease Hackr score of 21 years.

What was your sales price before the rebates? Don’t forget to apply for Bonus Drive if you qualify.

Alliant is no longer participating Bonus Drive? Couldn’t find it on bonusdrive search.

It is amazing how a finance manager doesn’t even know the basics. I wonder how many people that manager has misled.

4 Likes

Yup. Mine was on top of everything. I actually got an email from the state saying my rebate funds were reserved and pending completion of final paperwork from the dealer. This was like 10 minutes after I called to leave the deposit.

What do you need to do to qualify?

https://www.bonusdrive.com/Home/EligibilitySearch

Sweet! Looks like my employer is part of the program.