2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Hilary 2020.

3 Likes

Oh she’s running again for sure…there already firing up the engines parading her around.

As a Hyundai salesman, I have plenty of time and still make good money stealing rebates :slight_smile:

GC can take a week or more. It depends on when the dealer puts in your visit into the computer.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Just scooped a limited for myself for $160 and a base for the parents for $90

Update: Got some pm’s these are true sign and drives, just 35 payments remaining.

We have 16500 in rebates in NY so unless you get a deeper discount then 7% it won’t be close to my numbers.

6 Likes

Very fair. Take it

4 Likes

How are you getting the rebate up to $16000? My offer in CA was at $12,000.
Is there something specific I can ask that they toss in?

It’s regional. We got the short end of the stick this time in CA.

1 Like

This thread should be displayed somewhere as epitome of a broker life :slight_smile:)

550 messages on a $90pm car with about 6 confirmed purchases. :joy:

7 Likes

Decided to stop by a dealership to see if i could do better than via email.

Got quoted 160 sign and drive. That is just MSRP minus the 15k incentive. Asked for a small dealer discount of 4-5% and to waive the etch fee. Best they said they can do is 300 bucks off… “You can’t get one of them big discounts on these like your Mercedes.” is what i was told.

I wanted to get out of there so I told them I had another email offer for 111 a month. They told me it was probably not legit.

Unfortunately the 111 a month one sold…

that is the $14500 rebate that is on the hood from Hyundai and another $1500 from the state of CT.

Found a sales manager who quoted me $28,999 on a $31,235 MSRP so I had a little fun with him. I wonder what all these amazing “dealer adds” are lol…

I’m still waiting to hear what rebates I combined exactly…

The list price on the dealers website is $29,118 however their quote is for full MSRP. I’m confused why in the post above I was told not to assume I’d pay full MSRP, but now it seems like no one is actually giving a discount on these.

Looks like a classic case of supply and demand. You should at least push for the 400 dollar suggested dealer contribution in the ad.

After stepping into the broker world and the amount of tire kicking I dealt with, over a car that is cheaper than what most on here spend in fast food for the month…I have a new found respect for the guys who do this on a daily basis. It cost me 19.99 and a few emails to a GM friend to find out my three year old can follow written directions better.

5 Likes

The dealership staff and management in many cases aren’t much better, especially with Hyundai/Kia. I have another guy trying to call me after I specifically said to his lackey that I would be happy to speak over the phone once I had something in writing such as a lease sheet to review first. Also please call after 5 since I’m at work. Called at 3pm and sent nothing. Don’t forget not one, but two “Internet” employees who scheduled me for unsolicited appointments after I told them I’d be happy to come in once I had a lease sheet to review. Needless to say they sent absolutely nothing over as well. The devil seems to be in the details with this one, although even at full sticker its kind of hard to royally screw anyone over on these. I’m surprised I haven’t received any marked up quotes.

1 Like

In fairness it does sound like a lot of these stores cant seem to help themselves from bloating what should be really quick, straightforward sale of a car that would otherwise sit and rot on the lot for another year. Get a few people on the internet interested in an “OK” Korean electric car and all of a sudden Mitchell over at Harvey Weinstein Kia/Hyundai/Genesis thinks he’s selling Teslas.

1 Like

The average American and many of the lurkers here who don’t post aren’t the brightest intelligence wise. It’s honestly good though because someone has to sign lease deals for Honda Accord Hybrids with $14k down

2 Likes

Interested in an “OK” Korean electric car> Blockquote

Selling this thing really well.