2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Huh, I though it would be $14,500 from Hyundai and $2,000 from NY state. Where was I wrong?

Still it’s a cheap car!!!

If only they had it listed on their website. Trust me, that’s what I usually do! I hate when dealers have no employee info listed, but that’s the least of my pet peeves with some of their websites!

I think what it came to is this: Taxes alone were 2,700 plus some fee BS…

At the end of the day, cheap car, no gas cost and will work for me for the purpose I am buying it (commute car).

But as always, I always walk away feeling I could have done better. Lots to learn from this group here!

1 Like

Care to share deal sheet to help others?

But don’t beer yourself much - it’s a $100 a month car:) hard for find another one cheap like that.

May be @AP919 can send your deal sheet to her dealer to beat! Lol

I’m pretty sure he meant “Please come in and we can beat you or match the deal.”

Anyone in NYS interested in the numbers below. Have a friend at a dealer that is willing to give these numbers true sign and drive with only 125$ for plates due at signing, $75 if your transferring. PM me if interested.

$200 Broker Fee

Currently have 4 limited and 8 Base.

limited trim level
10K A year 164 a month
12 k a year 175 a month

lower trim level
10k a year 116 a month
12 a year 125 a month

4 Likes

Socal is
EV trim
36/15
.00051 and 41%
$12,000 lease cash

This is crazy. Car is $100/mo, insurance would be $50. We have a charging station at work, and the range is long enough that I could get away with never charging at home unless I’m going outside of my normal driving. I currently spend about $160/mo in gas just for my commute.

If I can get over driving something utilitarian and I can squeeze myself into the thing, I could literally drive a new car for free and keep the miles down on my truck, buying me extra time to save for the vehicle I actually want. Hmmmmm…

3 Likes

By the time you decide to jump in there will be none left.

So the deal is $14500 lease cash in most states…after state rebates. I see for SoCal is $12k + $2500 CVRP = $14500…in NY is straight up $14500 since the rebate is baked in.

I believe the $2,000 from NY state is included, as is the $7,500 federal rebate.

The taxes shouldn’t be $2,700. They’re mostly based on the depreciation, which should be no more than $4,000, and thus, even in the city where the rate is nearly 9%, the taxes won’t amount to more than $350/$10-$12 per month using NY’s crazy formula. I think I estimated $12.35 per month for Westchester on the limited ($37,000 model).

$2000 NY rebate has no connections with incentives from the manufacturer.
For. Example NJ resident will get only $14.5K incentives from NY delaer.

Aren’t the rebates taxed in NYS though? The tax on the $14,500 incentive would be quite hefty

1 Like

How is 188 a month for the limited? Sounds like a pretty good deal. I will also have the first responder discount lowering it by 14-15 dollars a month so it will be around 173

UPDATE: WILL BE 188 a month prior to first responder discount

It’s really a question of how they’re structuring them, and it’s not clear. Because the $7,500 federal is technically a tax credit, it shouldn’t be taxable. The same should be said for the $2,000 from NY. The remaining $5,000 is up for debate, but it’s all about how it’s structured and defined.

For what it’s worth, $14,500 at 8.375% is only $1,214. Add in the $400 for the depreciation, and it’s still nowhere near as high as the other guy said the tax was quoted.

Within the numbers posed by a broker fee posts above. We don’t know if your numbers are for 10k or 12k? Are they in NY state?

I think NY said in their FAQ $2k is taxable

it is for 10k/36. It is like 24 dollars higher than the broker. So a little higher but that was with no negotiation. I tried to push him down to 175 and he said 188 was best he could do. He’s trying to get me to put a deposit down, as the one they have just sold and they got 2 more limited trims on the way. I also have the first responder discount not included in the 188 and a trade in that is worth about 1500. Should help bring it down to like 133.

I snapped a car up myself at the rates i posted because the dealers are getting alot of incoming calls and keeping some of the rebates for themselves.

1 Like

And that is the beginning of dealers screwing the deal…Ugh:(

2 Likes

Don’t do a trade as part of the deal unless you have to. leasing 101
They will try to add pressure because they think they got something hot only because they can still sell it at MSRP with such rebates.
Also don’t forget that $500 driving think to add to your first responder