2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Alright… Update as of 11/3/2019 of 900 messages below if you need to get an exec summary of this meeting.
Hyundai rebate increased to $15,250 (about $1k) but stealerships reportedly ruining the party charging excess of MSRP because they can’t fanthom selling this car for $80. Their mind is :boom:

Edmunds showing this for 36/10 in 11743
Base - .00033 and 41% (Oct 51MF and 44% Res)
Limited - .00025 and 42% (Oct 53MF and 45%Res)

$7,500 rebate goes to the leasing company - not you.

In October there were 11 confirmed deals listed at the end of this post. New months - a new beginning.
This car has 124 miles range on a good day.

NYS Hyundai Ioniq true sign and drive $99/mo

Available only in selected states such as CA, CT, MN, MD, MA, NJ, NY, OR, RI, and VT

State Rebates you CAN combine with Hyundai rebate. But your stealership may not want to.

NYS - $2k at the Point of Sale - have to buy from NY shop. Details1, Termination Clause
CT - $500 towards Ionic Electric - have to buy from CT dealership
NJ - No sales tax on EV
No state support in MA, RI

Remember to apply for https://www.bonusdrive.com/ to get $500 to sweeten the deal.

Autobytel shows $14,500 in rebates for 36/48 months lease NY, CT, NJ.
CA has a lower rebate of $12,500 but a slew of state giveaways See how this guy nail it

Incentive for Ionic Electric by zip on Autobytel

NOT APPLICABLE for NOVEMBER
October 2019 achieved known deals posted
RI - $139 for 36/12 - Screenshot of the deal sheet Thanks @Whatever1
OR - $59 for 36/10 Thanks @jason53
:boom:DE via MD - Effective $25 for 36/10 Thanks @dgreene4001
NJ - $120 for ??? Thanks @izzard
NYS - $105 for 36/10 Thanks njknowitall
NYS - Limited $160 for 36/10 - Thanks @JD81
NYS - $90for 36/10 - Thanks to same guy as above (hitting my limit on tagging members)
NH - $112 for 36/10 Thanks @AdamChandler
CT - Limited $175 for 36/10 - Thanks @B5RT
CT - $144 for 36/10 - Thanks @theRanDMC
:boom:CA - Limited: Effective $55 for 36/10 Thanks @Kalmaraz
CA - Limited: Effective $163 for 36/10 Thanks shadow27
CA-NORCAL - Base: Eff $70 for 36/10 Thanks @sean916

6 Likes

Looks like there are 140 of these cars (base IONIQ electrics) across the entire US.

This is interesting. Wonder what it’s like to get one of those here in MA.

There is rumor going around that there could be big incentives coming on the Kona EV soon

Hm, didn’t think of checking inventory levels. I’m curious how many of them are in New England.

There are 2 base models and 1 hybrid model available near where I live

It’s a regional thing but checking their web i see the dropped the standard offer by about $4k.
“$109 per month for 36 months with $2,500 due at lease signing”
“includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, and cost of optional equipment”
“Monthly payments total $3,924. Option to purchase at lease end $13,748”…10k miles/year
Super deal!

@Lvs23 you beat me to posting :laughing:

I was reading thru the thread and said I should probably share it on LH, but got distracted checking if any units were in the NYC Metro area.

That is one thing I didn’t do. Did you find any units?

They have several units in NYC metro area. First come first serve i think…

Thoghshitzky…i got 81 within 50 miles of my SoCal zip. Should go fast as soon as people find out about this.

Curious if you can stack state and electrical companies rebates in similar fashion to BMW i3…
How would that be…

Not sure what you mean…will get these rebates with this car…so $3500 in SoCal under Edison.

Definitely regional…check this comment from slickdeals web:
“Virginia has it for 79 per month + 999 at signing.”

In NJ, If I transfer out of this lease before the 3 years are up would I have to pay back the incentives? Anyone have experience lease transferring an electric vehicle before?

This is for NY state residents.
NJ residents have their own incentive in form of not paying sales tax.

Oh ok thanks. I see that a similar offer ($79/mth, 12k miles, $999 down) is on some NJ Hyundai dealer websites so maybe that a better deal anyhow

Does the NYS 2k go to dealer or do we apply for that after the fact?

It is POS rebate. Dealer or manufacturer applies for it.

LOL…it took me a second to realize what POS means in this case…

2 Likes

Not only you. I thought we were talking about the car itself.

1 Like

Is the $12K considered Taxed or Untaxed in CA?