Not sure if dealer is lying?

Hi everyone

I reached out to sales manager today because numbers weren’t matching on my end, but he told me that some dealers do residual off of the sales price, not the MSRP.

My understanding was that the RV is always off of the MSRP - is this dealer playing games?

1 Like

RV is usually based on MSRP. There are exceptions like when there is MRM or loaners/demos/used car where it’s based on a dollar based residual.

1 Like

^ This, but its never based off the sale price

5 Likes

Ask for a worksheet. If declined, ghost time.

Is this a GM or Ford dealer? I vaguely remember a similar thread in the past.

Sometimes they don’t know enough to pass a hypothetical Leasing 101 class in CC… they’re also not used to having the calculations challenged and just say whatever

2 Likes

If you have a demo, the residual value will change based on the number of miles off the car. It will not be based off the sales price.

1 Like

This depends on the program.

This. Most sales people who have no clue how to calculate a lease and get flummoxed when asked for even basic details. And RV cannot he manipulated anyway.

I always get the “let me inquire.” Essentially, let me ask the GSM.

2 Likes

Derp derp derp but what monthly payment do you want

They’re not lying, they just don’t know…

4 Likes

Dealer: Buyers are liars
Customer: Well, you guys don’t know crap!

3 Likes

Sadly, there are a lot of people in car sales that are clueless of both the product and the process.

I shouldn’t go to look at a vehicle for the first time and be educating the salesman about vehicle features, and yet almost every time I’m in the market, that ends up happening.

1 Like

I am sorry that happened! Wow…

There are also some great people in sales out there that are super knowledgeable… unfortunately, they seem to be few and far between.

2 Likes

I’d like to consider myself in that category, haha

4 Likes

What if I could get you down to a $360 monthly payment and only a $8000 down payment on this Q5 here? :laughing:

2 Likes

Sure! That’s a 24 month loan, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like