Months:36
Annual Mileage:12000
MF:
Residual: 57%
Incentives: 750 lease cash, 500 OL
Region: Midwest
Leasehackr Score: 10.3
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

You’ll want to find out buy rate MF and then verify that the dealer is using it for this deal. It’s one of the variables that can be manipulated, so it’s important to make sure you’re working with the correct numbers.

Your residual is off man

I think you used the standard one in the lease calc

It should be 57% which means your discount is even lower

At that rate, you may be better off going new 21 which has 750 more lease cash.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah Like I said I’m reverse engineering the deal since I have the payment and down payment at what was quoted. Rebates are a little sketchy as the dealers aren’t posting real rebates from the manufacturer anymore due to the model year change. Bottom like is it’s at least $10k off and payments in the mid $400s with nearly no money down. Hope that makes sense!

Then you are not sharing, but asking. Moved to Ask

Calc is way off — make sure to plug in buy rate (.00086) and the correct RV (57%). Do you not qualify for conquest (if that’s available on the 2020 330xi) or loyalty?

Price target for the 330xi loaners should be 18+% discount.

See this thread from earlier today for additional conversation that will be very relevant to your situation:

Thanks I cleaned up the calculator link to show what I have to my best knowledge.

I don’t have loyalty or college discount but compared to the other post it appears the pre incentive discount is much more in line with the 18-20% off pre incentive people were mentioning.

Nothing is signed or anything so there maybe some wiggle room left.

If you hit the 18-20% bar, then I’d say you’re probably pretty competitive. MSDs should save you about $20-$25 a month.

1 Like

Yeah…they are not as high of a return as they used to be, but on my BMWFS lease from last week they still returned about 9%. Still pretty good for a risk free investment, but certainly not life altering if one chooses not to pursue them for whatever reason. I still did (and of course used the BMW Card for them at 4x points). When all the dust settles out, that takes the effective risk free return a little over 10%, good enough for me✔️

1 Like

I’m with ya. I have a hard time saying no to guaranteed returns on a guaranteed timeline.

1 Like

The only thing comparable to 10% risk free is early 80’s savings rate lol

1 Like

Sound like my dad ranting about when he first came to the US. Carter admin.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice on the MSDs. I’ll keep that in my back pocket as I tend to think that bringing that all up usually complicated things until the “final” sale price amount is agreed on and I reach the finance office.

That is actually a valid approach in my opinion. Some dealers just aren’t that familiar with these things and they may view it as an added complication. The car I just picked up was from a very large and very nice dealer and the finance manager there told me they hardly ever do them. Most people just don’t know about them or simply just don’t want to use them. They see the bigger monthly drop from a down payment versus a security deposit (but probably aren’t looking at the overall picture closely enough).

If it was me, and I was taking your approach of waiting till the end to talk about MSDs, I would probably wait until at the point where the monthly payment was already identified as well, in that way you can calculate directly what the change in payment should be with the MSDs and be sure they are giving you the full buydown. Otherwise, it is possible that some base money factor markup could occur and it would be harder to find it.

2 Likes

Yup. Thanks for the validation.

I’ve been through 100s of car negotiations but 95% are financing not leases. Negotiating on regular purchases is fairly uncomplicated - there’s the difference in cost between the trade in and the new car, then the negotiation of interest.

The more I learn on leases the more it’s complicated. This will be my 7th lease and should be the easiest since I’m without a trade in and I’ve had the luxury of time. Lease market seems to have gotten worse though due to tighter inventories.