Norcal Flood Victim, vehicles totaled. Need good lease deal

Hi Community,

I am a recent flood victim in the Nor Cal Bay Area and lost all 3 of my vehicles due to flooding. Housing aside and a entirely different subject, my family of 4 and 3 dogs need a vehicle. Money is really tight as we have many repairs to the house that are needed and looking to lease a SUV. My energy and focus has been on the house and keeping the family together. Researching and understanding leasing has been challenging.

Anyhow, after reading many posts I can tell that this community is strong and users here help each other which I really appreciate. I came across lease offers from Mazda on their SUV lineup. It seems pretty good, but wanted to get a second opinion. I have not gone to a dealership just yet, but would do so of I know what to ask for. Can I get some advice on which SUV lease is good based on information from their site and what additional information I should ask for at the dealership.

Mazda Offers

Thank you and God bless!
Gabe

1 Like

Glad you’re safe.

Look at recent Pathfinder deals.

Garbage until proven otherwise.

Post the offer for feedback, but I’m betting it’s an “appealing” lease payment that comes with thousands and thousands of dollars upfront, which you’ll find explained in the mouse print at the bottom of the offer.

3 Likes

Hope everything works out and hope you have flood insurance.

Check market place for your local area but overall, it appears that Nissan’s are the special of the month

You’re likely going to have to shop out of your local area anyway since there are many more folks like you who lost their cars.

You will save money overall but may have to deal with shipping

Good luck with the journey ahead. Pathfinder S or SV. @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto operates in NorCal. I’d just use a broker like he to keep things simple.

As they have said, pathfinder deals found on this site you can get from a broker or replicate yourself with enough self education. Also look at potential Jeep Grand Cherokee L deals since you have a large family. Good luck.

Mazda CX-9 was leasing very well as well as a short term Pathfinder.

2 Likes

Muranos are way cheaper than Pathfinders or CX9s according to this.

Could you live with a tiny Murano (Compared to a Pathfinder) in the short term?
Then the Murano has some incredible leases for a 18/10

Though don’t think you can put 4 people and 3 dog unless the 3 dogs are Chihuahua sized in a Murano.

You are going to be fighting with a lot of people needing to replace cars. A broker that operates in mutiple states might be a good option. Popular cars are trickeling in now and stock of vehicles is not what it was pre pandemic. Dealers know they have the upperhand in areas that are hit hard with water and will want to maximize profits on the cars they have.

1 Like

Maybe he can lease 2 of them instead? They had 3 cars before.

This month pathfinders are a better deal than Muranos.

“Best value” is not necessarily the same thing as lowest payment.

1 Like

Pathfinders are both a lower payment and better value than Muranos trim for trim this month. Can’t speak for every region but at least from what I’ve seen in marketplace.

That’s interesting. Murano was lower just a few days ago

Pathfinder might have gotten a mid-month enhancement.

Some brokers aren’t even offering or pushing Murano at this point.

Seems like right now it’s Altima, Rogue, Pathfinder and Frontier as the key models for 18-mo.

1 Like

Frankly even if Pathfinder wasn’t the lower payment (and either way they’re pretty close), it’s the newer, more spacious model anyway, so I’d be willing to pay more for that.

Equipment at a given trim level does vary considerably from model to model though. I think even Rogue sometimes had equipment that neither Murano nor Pathfinder does at a given trim level. So definitely need to check that if a certain feature is a must have.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.