[Nor-Cal, BMW] when a good BMW lease deal turns into a disaster [actually sued by dealer]

What would the cause the deal to not be approved?

E.g. if I am approved for a GLE 450 by MBFS (credit application done online), brought the approval sheet to the dealer and signed for a GLE 450 lease at the dealership, what would cause MBFS to suddenly disapprove the deal days later?

From what I have read on these boards, deals get disapproved for things such as the dealer using the wrong money factor, wrong residual value, using incentives not eligible for, wrong lease termination fee, wrong excess mileage charge, etc.

Oooh… ok, that’s messed up because it’s the dealer fault. It pays to pay attention (no pun intended) to those contract before signing.

I actually had an instance a while back when at the Finance Manage office, he printed the contract and I said “Give me some time to look at it”. I compared the entries line by line with my notes (brought my laptop) to make sure the numbers are correct (MF, RV, etc.) and the FM got impatient.

He said “What, you don’t trust me?”

I said “I trust you, but I have to verify it”.

Always good to check. Last time I leased, I was ready to sign…until I saw they had a different car (VIN) on the contract. Sloppy work!

I trust you, but I can’t take your word for it…

I’m not a lawyer but I believe this is the case, you are allowed to have consulted a lawyer but he/she cannot go to small claims on your behalf.

As for racial bias, I cannot speak about this case, but last time I went to SoCal to pick up my lease an elderly gentleman (who I assume is the owner) gave me a hard time about how come so many Asian guys come down from San Jose to buy cars from them and he said that BMW gave him a hard time selling cars from out of region and I was the last guy that was allowed. Then he inadvertently used some terms that were derogatory towards Chinese people in referring me. The kicker was that was a real smooth deal until pickup and he was such a buzzkill. He bascially said I don’t want your business and in this board I’ve never heard of LA dealers not being able to sell to someone with a northern California address.

As a lawyer (though not your lawyer), I highly suggest you delete this post, or at the very least, stop posting any more details about your experience and retain a lawyer for advice.

All of this is discoverable and the dealership can bring printouts of this into court to try and show discrepancies between what you’re sharing here and what you’ll say when you’re under oath in court.

2 Likes