NMAC Lease Buyout

i can yes.

So I just got off the phone with NMAC and they’re allowing me to send them a check directly for the title. They just sent over a new payoff letter. For whatever reason, NMAC said they didn’t have any PA sales tax mentioned or shown on their system and the payoff amount doesn’t include sales tax at all. Just asking for the payoff amount and that’s it. Setting the tax money aside though. I imagine I’ll have to pay it when I transfer the ownership of the title.

I also realized the dealership in NJ that I originally got the car from put down 9% sales tax when PA is 6%. NJ Sales tax wasn’t even 9% when I leased this. Curious if there’s anything that can be done about being overcharged sales tax?

Appreciate those that offered to assist if NMAC couldn’t do this! What a cluster.

PA lease tax IS 9% in most counties. 11 in philly, 10 in allgheny.

2 Likes

Ahh OK. Interesting. Didn’t know that. I was just able to find that they tack on an additional 3% MV Lease tax. Do you know if that same 9% would apply to the buyout?

no it wouldnt.

1 Like

At the risk of being repetitive, I’ll say it one last time.

Don’t do it.

What exactly are you suggesting as an alternative? Buy new? Resell?

You’ll pay at the DMV at the time of putting title in your name, but I don’t recommend buying an Altima. Bad experience.

Flip the Altima for the highest equity you can get right now.

Don’t buy used in this market.

Buy a brand new Camry, Civic or Accord.

I’ll definitely consider my options, but would buying out this lease really be considered buying used in THIS market necessarily, if I’m not buying it at what today’s market would stipulate?

I meant don’t buy any other used car as a replacement for your Altima.

1 Like