NJ - Looking for commuter EV

My 170k Yaris is still running but I am looking into getting an EV that is not a Tesla. I can wait for an order but what are good alternatives in the 30-40k range

What is your daily commute like? A lot of the less expensive EVs have poor range. For example the Hyundai Ioniq will be sub 100 mile range if you turn the heat or AC on, which means you Must be able to charge daily and road trips are going to be challenging.

1 Like

Ioniq 5 or Kia EV6 are a couple of good options. It will cost you around $40K after you account for $7500 federal tax credit

2 Likes

My commute is 15 miles and we would use the wife’s xc90 when we take road trips. Maybe not something as low as 100 miles but not high end

If you can hold off until summer-ish you’re probably better off waiting for the Charge Up program to return, especially with the current market conditions. Unless you NEED a new EV right now you are literally leaving thousands on the table by not waiting.

2 Likes

Wait for the Ioniq5/Kia EV6 standard range model, will/should be under $30k after rebates.

Thanks everyone, I’ll wait it out

Contact @jrouleau426 he’s in PA. Great to work with. Always has great deals. Might be able to help

1 Like

Base Mach E hits your target after the rebate.

1 Like

If you dont like freeway, i got a 12k NEV for you KandiAmerica

Niro EV/Kona EV is a good value for money imo

decent range ~240 (though I get around 300 in summer, never less)
combine it with the NJ $5K rebate
last I checked, it was still eligible for federal rebate, so Kia usually throws a nice lease rebate on top

I have been trying to find any incentives for EV’s for NJ but only thing i found was the waived sales tax. What is the 5k you mention?

Google “Charge up NJ rebate”

It has already disbursed all its funds for the current fiscal year and is supposed to be re-funded for the next fiscal year starting July 2022.

Ahh got it. I saw it was expired so didnt think it would be coming back. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.