Historical 2020 Hyundai Deals - 💚 ANDY's Deprecated Old Thread ==> See my new thread for 2021 Deals!

Is there a Hyundai loyalty bonus? Also I got something in the mail about a settlement if I have lost faith in my Hyundai’s engine and trade it in for another Hyundai.

Either way, I’m interested.

1 Like

Owners are eligible for a rebate of $500 to $2,000 if they decide to sell one of these vehicles after notice of the settlement and experiences an engine failure or fire, losses faith in the vehicle, and completes all other steps to qualify for the rebate, including the purchase of a replacement Hyundai or Kia vehicle and submission of a claim within 90 days of the incident.

1 Like

Unfortunately there is only a Hyundai loyalty bonus on 2020 Sonatas if you have a previous year SONATA (Nameplate only) in the household.2019’s still carry a $1000 loyalty bonus. Turns out this is dead on Sonata too.

It sounds like the Theta-II Engine lawsuit money would be separate from these deals but I don’t think you would qualify in dealer. It’s probably that you’d have to register for afterwards in a mail-in-rebate.

For 2019 Hyundai Kona EVs, there is a $1k loyalty rebate on most models if you can still find any 2019.

I have some 2019 KONA EV LEFTOVERS that do qualify for the $1000 Hyundai loyalty. Programs end this month. First responder or Military (cannot combine those 2) would take another $500 off.

• 2019 Kona EV Limited | ~$42k MSRP | NY Residents: $345 + TAX (based on your NY ZIP CODE) with just first payment due at signing after DRIVE CLEAN NY rebate effective in payment. $1k Hyundai Loyalty included must qualify at dealer. (2 left)
  • 2019 Kona EV Limited | ~$42k MSRP | NJ Residents: $279/month after just your CHARGE UP NJ rebate amount due at signing. $1k Hyundai Loyalty included must qualify at dealer. (1 Left). Sold Out.

I’m not sure the 2020 sonata has loyalty bonus, I asked the dealer I’m buying from and he said their wasn’t any … I own a 2019 sonata in my household

1 Like

I think you may be right, actually. On https://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/sonata/2020/deals/ I don’t see it anymore.

On https://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/kona-electric/2019/deals/ I do see the loyalty still listed.

It must have been valid earlier this year, per https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/hyundai-doubles-discounts-on-2020-venue-sonata, but is now pulled. Good catch. This is why loyalty/military/firstresponder/college are all MUST QUALIFY AT DEALER. I make a best effort to inform you on the incentives you qualify for but the dealer must review the most updated programs and your paperwork to make sure you qualify before anyone can guarantee you’ll get the rebate.

HiAndy,

What are the 36/12 and 36/15 numbers? Morris County NJ

12k adds $10/mo to either trim. 15k adds a good bit more, figure 14 cents a mile versus the 20 cent overage they charge at the end. 15k is only really worth it if you’re sure you’ll use those miles.

Andy,
PM’ed and texted you about Sonata Hybrids in NY area.

hoping o hear back, thanks

1 Like

A really great car that is surprisingly roomy and more of a car feel than something like a Bolt. The base variant (which this is) has radar cruise, lane keeping, wireless phone charging, two screens, variable drive modes. So, so much car for the money. Got bonus drive to offset Andy’s fee, the $4,250 check was confirmed just 24 hours later. Tagging cars with radar cruise and having LKA steer to follow is the most fun you can have for $159. If you’re on the fence, I’d jump on it.

2 Likes

Circling back to add that the seats on the Hyundai are great compared to the alternative. I am 6’ 215 my wife is 5’9" and we felt strange sitting in the Bolt. There was plenty of headroom but the seats close together and there was a lack of a proper center console. The seats themselves did not cover the back of our deltoid muscles so one could “row” with arms while in place. The Hyundai comes with proper full width sedan seats.

I had a friend drive it around the block the other day and it was the first time that I was sitting in the passenger position. I looked over at him and made a mental note about how the cockpit was that of a standard sedan and not a narrow electric car. It feels airy and roomy. My wife chose the light grey interior which I feel helps to accentuate this.

Your perception of this car will depend on what you are getting out of to get into this. We were in an Equinox before this and generally prefer the CUV sitting position, that’s not a knock against the Ioniq but rather commentary about the practicality and form factor of a sedan.

Haven’t charged in three days (Bergen Co. to Coney Island and back; Bergen Co. to Yonkers and back and Edgewater to Weehawken and back to Bergen). I’m going to the park tonight with my kiddo and will plug in while we play. I greatly overestimated the amount of range anxiety.

Update 8/27. Out of PHEV Unicorns. Sorry. Out of most colors of Ioniq Limited. Still have most colors of Ioniq Base in most regions.

If an EV doesn’t work for you:

My cheapest gas CUV is the STICK-SHIFT 6 speed manual 2020 Hyundai Venue base models. $222/month for 36/10 + taxes and fees. Need an Automatic? Elantra for similar payments available; trims and colors may vary.

Looking for a fully loaded AWD CUV? 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate for $287 + taxes and fees for 36/10.

Update 9/2. Programs are still running on EVs for Labor Day Weekend. Please reach out soon if you’d like one. Must take delivery by 9/7. The $149/mo lease special lives on in MOST colors. Very very few “Limited” trims at $209 remaining, you can’t afford to be choosy on color on those.

I have some EV Ioniqs in NY for NY residents that can claim the $2k NY EV incentive as well.

Some 2020 Plug-in-Hybrid Limited Ioniqs in Stock. These are $2k down, including first payment, and 35 more payments of $329/month, with taxes/fees/registration included. Various colors available. Then eligible for a $750 NJ CHARGE UP credit for NJ residents. This is the variant of the Ioniq that most directly competes with a Toyota Prius Prime Advanced (which you don’t usually see lease specials on), takes regular gas, and goes 600+ miles on a tank of gas.

What would the numbers look like in the PA suburbs. I know that the information is out there for research but if you would provide it easily, I’d appreciate it.

Curious if this is a good deal
2020 Ioniq Hybrid SEL white
$294 down and $285 per month for 36 months …15k per year
Residual Value is $14,935

I asking for a quote on 18k miles and its $329 down and $320 a month …residual is $13890

What do you guys think??

J

1 Like

Very good deal. Take it if this is the model/color/dealer you like! When September programs come out it’s always possible things could get cheaper, but as of now that is a very good deal. This is only $1.25/month more than the national ad for the base model (which is for a car that’s 3 trims down, non-premium color, 10k per year, no dealer doc fee, taxes, or registration included).

1 Like

I was seeing if I could get the limited or sonata hybrid for the same $$. You think its possible? Also can I get the nys clean air rebate for a lease?

I have just updated with new prices for NJ and NY. Please see the first post. For NY state, the cheapest hybrids are around $285/mo+tax including available state incentives. Please reach out if you’d like a Hybrid or EV in NY or NJ, I am fully servicing both states, although inventory does vary on a state-by-state basis.

1 Like

Is that for a ionic or sonata limited w zero down?

Did you buy or lease? I’m wondering what I’m available for on a 3 year lease of ioniq hybrid plug in 2020.

If I presently have a kia leased am I am loyalty customer of hyundai? Since they are sister companies.