NJ EV Rebate still active?

Considering the BMW i3. Have a local dealer that was able to locate one. However, I want to confirm that the NJ EV rebate is still being offered. Has anyone leased a vehicle in the month of August and received the refund?

Not sure I’ll pull the trigger otherwise.

Thanks!

I just leased an Ioniq EV, last week (or was it week before?)

I applied for the incentive, got the “we received your application” email and am basically waiting

As an aside: I considered an i3 through a broker on this site, but he told me the deal already included the NJ incentives (I’m not sure how, as NJ hasn’t added point of sale yet, from what I read— but I’m assuming the broker knows way more than I… maybe BMW is ahead of the curve?), so i went with Ioniq. Be certain the incentive isn’t priced into the deal. My $0.02

Contacted njchargeup today and was told the program is active. Start to finish is about 2 months from the time of application to receiving a check.

2 Likes

…now if only they’d give details on the date for the EVSE incentives…

1 Like

I applied almost 2 months ago, and while I was approved a month ago, I still did not receive my check.

That, too.

1 Like

author deleted

Bolt buyers beware? You may not be cashing the NJ 5k check …?

Meaning? You don’t think it will clear? Why?

Don’t worry, they’ve been clearing left and right.

1 Like

Per their email, COVID delays and no specifics on when it’ll be complete.
I’m just skeptical. The Governor and the state like moving around funds all the time and COVID is the perfect (excuse).

Hopefully it’ll clear. Keep you posted !

What do you find is the typical turn around time for these rebates checks to be mailed out?

8-10 weeks, some are less!

I’m still waiting since the end of June.

I was approved in under 30 days. Its been over 30 days since that. I reached out to them and got a reply saying I was approved, but the check has not been mailed as yet. They are still experiencing ‘COVID related delays’

As long as the check arrives, no harm done. Still hoping

Well, I’m still waiting. Darn bureaucracy.

Wow. That doesn’t bode well for me. Might not see a check until next year!

check finally arrived! Took approx 2.5 months from application submission

2 Likes

Whew! I have 20+ customers banking on it! Thanks for the update!

3 Likes

Still waiting on DriveUp bonus. No word on that