NJ DEAL CHECK: 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

, , ,

I’m a first time lessee, ideally I was looking for a 36 month lease, but the dealer came back with these numbers.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude with Premium Lighting Group and Sunroof as added options

MSRP- $44130

42 months, 10k a year for $429.
$3k total due at signing.

Worth getting or should I pass?

Hey there, just for comparison I’d say you can do better. I’m in PA and my gf was quoted last wkend $458 a month with $458 DAS. Same specs lighting package and sunroof.

@Dr0use - 42 months?

Sorry, yes, 42mo 10k per year.

You can do better, I would pass.

Because of my tier 2 credit, the dealers say they can’t bump me to a tier 1 and as of now it’s only a 42 month deal.

UPDATE:

Numbers from the dealer.

$44130 MSRP
$42140 Selling Price
$22065 Residual

$3k das - 42/10k

For me I am confused, they are telling me there are only $1982 in rebates.

What should I do?

What’s the warranty on those? If they go 36 months and you take out a 42 month lease, you could be responsible for fixing stuff that breaks after 36 months. I would never lease anything outside of the manufacturer’s warranty period.

Seems like a terrible deal for a left over 2020. End of life for the current gen is soon, the brand new model is coming next year, and you are only getting $2k off MSRP? Your deal is also lacking lots of important details, breakdown on the DAS, the MF, and what are the rebates exactly? Your dealer should be willing to give you all of that.

Right now Chrysler capital is giving $3750 in rebates with a MF of 0.00031. you should be able to get 8-10% off and I would also really only lease it for 36 months.

Same feeling here, shopped another dealer today, came back with $425 $3k down 12k a year. Dealers in New Jersey are not budging whatsoever.

1 Like

Just signed a deal on the same vehicle literally. Same options navi, sunroof lighting package… but i already have a chrysler vehicle (RAM1500) lease that comes to an end in 2 months so i have some loyalty credits… not sure what numbers i got, didn’t ask dealer for it because i thought it was a good deal… $365 a month 12k/42m. $1500 due at start. Signed today.

Hey, would mind forwarding me your salesperson’s contact info and your full name? I was trying to see if he can match the deal.