Nissan leaf lease extension

I called to extend my leaf lease so I could hold out for the plus version and they told me they no longer do lease extensions. Is this true??

Wow. Interested to hear this outcome. I have extended a Rogue lease and my Leaf lease last year. The Leaf extension was 100% paid for by NMAC for 4 months!

I logged into my NMAC account and used online chat to extend my lease for 3 months last November. They told me without a Purchase Order that’s the maximum extension they can do. Monthly stay the same.

How’d you get them to comp 4 months??!!

My lease was maturing October 2017 so they extended it until Feb 2018 until the 2018s were set to arrive. They credited over $1000 right into my NMAC account. Pretty sure I will never get that deal again though.

I have a 2015 and my lease if up in June. I called them yesterday and asked the very same question (for the same reason - waiting for the Plus). I was told I could extend for three months and then evaluate at that time. I got the feeling they would go longer if I asked. She was all ready to do it over the phone and I said I would call back and extend closer to my expiration.

Suggestion: If you call NMAC and someone tells you that, hang up. Call back and speak to someone else.

It’s awesome. Did you pay anything for extension? How did you get $1000 credit?

I didn’t pay anything, but I did have to sign the extension. They essentially made a $1000 payment to my account so no payments were due for 4 months. It was pretty sweet.

Did they offer you any incentive to extend? They might not be doing cash incentives anymore since the 40kw is out and not selling great.

No, no incentive, but that’s OK. I wasn’t really expecting anything anyway.