Nissan Kicks - should I expect sub-$200, or am I dreaming? Tips appreciated

Test drove the highest trim kicks to lease for my mother in law to cart our kids around. Heater faux leather, bose stereo. Was impressed for the pricepoint. Would be perfect;, slow as dirt, great gas mileage etc. Issue is sign and drive was $325 a month. Looking at terrain…

ha, yes! It seems great, until you get to the lease price. It seems, for now, the Kicks might be a better buy than a lease. I’m looking into the Equinox now (and the Terrain soon). Too bad both don’t get the mpg that the Kicks gets (when not on diesel).

Get a used Soul or something similar …the Kicks has no brand value or history, so you are not really sure how resale values will look and the lease pricing is awful

So, here’s the kind of pricing I’m getting back - this is for the Equinox LT 2018. This is the ‘quote’ the dealer sent me - not sure why it’s handwritten. Again, it’s just terrible. :frowning:

See the 19 rogue sv thread I just made. 1400 (inception fees and 1st month) then 250 with tax a month. Works out to about 280 sign and drive. My tax area is high.

I think he’s doing the math wrong. Doesn’t that one line say “Residual” followed by $13,551? That’s close to 61% of the sales price, not MSRP (which on an Equinox LT would be near $28k at least). Plus that money factor seems high for GM. I guess that dealership has to pay for a lot of pens, though.

Wow, that’s bad.
Honcker has the Equinox 1LT for $250/mo with just first month at signing on 36/12k here in NJ.

That’s what I was seeing as well. I don’t think this guy knew what he was doing. I emailed him back … and have yet to hear back. I think it’s a lost cause - on to the next dealer. :frowning: