Nissan dealer ask $1495 for lease buyout processing fee

This exact thing just happened to my mother in law. She leased in Albany ny, but moved to Colorado, tried to buy out the rogue in Colorado but the dealer was charging an absurd fee, something like the 1495 you were getting charged. She called the dealer she originally leased from in Albany and they only charged a $75 fee.

3 Likes

100% bs, i can tell you this for certain because I just sold my leased infiniti to a nissan dealership that facilitated the buy-out…and didnt charge me a dime, in-fact they paid me for equity

1 Like

They wanted an INFiniti that bad? Wow I heard those don’t have equity

If they paid you equity, they did not facilitate you buying out the lease. They bought out the lease. These are two very different scenarios.

3 Likes

There is an old saying “Old is Gold” .
In todays market “Used is Gold”.

I was at a Carmax yesterday and there parking lot was full with used cars. Cars were double parked and no space to park. Guess they buying lots of used cars. Other places where inventory is filling back again are American manufacturers dealers who mostly sold trucks like GMC, Ford, Dodge…

@NYNJAudi is offering to do it for LH’ers for a lot less, contact him.

3 Likes

I just checked my NMAC portal and for my '19 Murano SV, there’s 3 options for me to buy-out my lease, all which include NJ taxes.

1 - Dealer Assisted (is the lowest cost, but assume dealer will add fees like Purchase ($599) & Inspection ($180)

2 - Customer Direct ($600 higher the opt#1)

3 - Financial Institution ($600 higher the opt#1)

So I’m wondering if I select Opt 2 or 3, does this get around the $180 Inspection fee?

I guess those options also requires me to handle the DMV Reg, Title etc.

Nice, you have 3 options. Only Dealer Assisted is available on my end :joy:

That is awesome. Thanks for the info.

Mine also only has one option in the dropdown, Dealer Assisted. Luckily my dealer isn’t playing games and has told me it will only be the RV + the $300 fee in my contract, plus taxes and reg.

EDIT: Just got the loan approved through USAA, so I’ll be going to the dealer tomorrow. I’ll let you know how everything works out.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, which California agency has oversight on this?

In other words, with whom would one file a complaint?

2 Likes

update: talked to a rep from NMAC today. He gave me a reference number to complain the dealer, and confirmed it is not right for them to charge me this amount of processing fee, especially included the fee into purchase price.

2 Likes

can you explain more pls?

Go up to @Captq’s image above

Just came back from the dealer about 30 minutes ago. My buyout was the RV, plus a $375 buyout fee from Nissan ($75 more than my contract listed, but it also said “plus additional fees” so I didn’t argue), an $8 doc fee from the dealership (again, I’m good with only $8 compared to a few hundred) then $55 for title and lien fees.

Delaware’s stupid lease taxes actually worked out for me here, they charge 4.25% on the sales price then 1.99% on the monthly payment. Since I already paid the taxes on the sale price, I didn’t have to pay those again.

Final amount was $20,345 for a car that Carmax is offering me over $29,000 for. Now I just need to wait for the title, hope the used market doesn’t dive again before I get it, and profit.

6 Likes

What Model Nissan and year mileage.

2018 Pathfinder SV, 31400 miles.

1 Like

You can bypass the processing fee by going to bank ask for lease buyout auto loan.

1 Like

Not at Nissan Anymore, a few states allow it, but not CA it appears.

CA does… Nissan may not in CA though