Nissan Ariya Evolve+ FWD, 36/15K, $598/month, $1000 DAS

The dealer I was offered tonight. Said it was good tonight only. I didn’t take it but what do you all think? I was thinking of getting an EV6 GT-Line before but this came in at a better price.
MSRP: 52,220
Dealer Discount: $2,400
Lease Cash: $7,500
Adjusted Price: $42,320
Wheel Locks & Mud Guard: $399 (I don’t really want)
Tint: $399 (Don’t need but I am ok with, it does look nice)
All Weather Mats: $499 (I don’t need them but am ok with it)
Total purchase price: $43,617
Trade Allowance: $29,000 (2021 Niro Hybrid EX Premium highest value I have got)
Trade Different: $14,617
Administrative fee: $899 (seems high)
Tax: $1,847 (I am in VA)
Non Tax Fee: $798.75 (Acquisition, tags, title)
Net Price: $18,153
Trade Buyout: $24,137 (Lease buyout on the Niro)
Balance: $42,290
Due at signing: $1,000 (First payment of $598 and rest is regular downpayment of $402)
Payments: $598 (have 35 left since the first payment is in the DAS amount)

What about from third parties, if you separate the trade from the new lease?

This deal is $2400 “off” but has $1300 in unresidualized add-ons you don’t want (but don’t mind), and an $899 admin fee?

FOMO says “pass”

1 Like

What is FOMO?

I agree, that is part of why I didn’t take it. I never fall for the “this price is only valid now or this day tactic” I usually get a decent price at the start or middle of a month and then sit on it until the end of the month and then ask for more off and they usually agree to meet their monthly quota. The only option I am ok with is the tint. I wouldn’t of asked for it if it isnt there but it is nice. The others I don’t want at all.

Fear of missing out.

What is your end goal? You’ve bounced between multiple cars.

1 Like

I check a few of those sites and KBB. Seems they all around $25,500 - $27,500 for a trade value.

It should take less than an hour to check all of them. KBB isn’t a good source, and their instant offers tend to be lowballs from dealerships.

But if the best you are getting from the buying services is several grand less, you can factor that into your discount.

We are looking for an all electric suv with around 300 mile range for 36 months with 15K miles/year and as close to $0 DAS with a payment under $600. I just a normal lease, nothing with MSD or things like that.

The Niro in the trade we have a payment of $315 currently and the lease ends around Nov 2024. The payments are nice but the new EVs are nice. Looking to see if anything is available now that meets those requirements or just hold off. Nice thing about looking this early is there is no pressure to rush into a deal. I can easily pass and wait for possible better incentives/discounts/lower MF.

I am not set on any one manufacturer or model. Some features we must have though are heated front seats, heated wheel, dual climate, auto dimming rear view mirror or something equivalent such as video rear view mirror, rear USB ports, some type of self driving (HDA/lane following, autopilot, ProPilot Assist, Supercruise, etc).

I am sorry, but can you explain more?

Follow the link I shared to all the places who will buy your car. Plug in the vin, get quotes. Report back with the highest offer you receive.

Sorry hard to follow. Is the trade equity in the deal? If so your drive off is at least 3k higher (based on your other offers). So effective of over 700 a month.

The trade equity is in the lease

Others can chime in but run the calculator and make sure 36 months gets you the lowest payment. I recall 18 or 24 being the best for most Nissans lately.

Putting $14k of trade equity into the deal isn’t really $0 DAS in my opinion.

2 Likes

The $14K isnt trade equity it is trade difference. The trade equity is the $29,000 trade allowance minus the $24,137 lease buyout getting a trade equity of $4,683.

Op it would be helpful if you did a little leg work and posted the calculation for all these deals. I think you will get a lot more meaningful feedback from everyone on here.

1 Like

I just added the calculator to this one.

@Chris_Birkhimer

Your offer is slightly under 5% off MSRP.

I can get you 9% off MSRP on a similar Ariya FWD with no BS addons and base MF.

HN

2 Likes

Keep in mind you have no option to buy this car if you lease it. The Ariya sales are in the pooper because of NMAC’s new lease buyout policy on EV’s.

2 Likes

Thanks. No way this is ever going to lease well with that MF. And since you can’t lease to immediately buy you’re out of luck (unless the car and you qualify for the tax credit and can just buy it right off the bat).

Time to move onto another option in my opinion.

1 Like

Oh okay… so $4683 is going into the deal?

Still seems high and Nissan leases are usually pretty low but I guess not on the Ariya (which by the way is a nice car compared to the BizzyForex).

Have you looked at the Ioniq 5 or EV6, those leases are getting reasonable.

1 Like