New Volvo C40 $5000 incentive stackable with $7500 Lease rebate

Volvo is offering a $5000 incentive that is stackable with the $75000 EV Lease rebate.

This was effective 4/21/23 and is currently not advertised.

4 Likes

Checks out why it’s at $330 for NJ here.

Fix your tags. Dealer isn’t relevant whatsoever. At least add Volvo.

Confirmed that this is also in MD and VA. Texted with some connections at dealers who said they caught wind of it around 5

1 Like

That calculator isn’t going to help anyone outside of NJ where rebates are taxed, but yes that’s why.

Any idea if this is nationwide or regional?

It’s a Volvo rebate, so nationwide.

And you can stack Loyalty too.

1 Like

Damn that’s the extra 10x rebate :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Just for the c40? Anything for xc90 recharges?

1 Like

Volvo is finally waking up to the ports full of boat anchors they need to move. They’re less inclined to lubricate sales of the vehicles they may stop producing for the rest of the year, that they aren’t drowning in.

4 Likes

when i go to dealer what should i ask for about rebate?

It’s nice to see the extra incentive, but still an outdated, slow-charging, sub 230-mile range EV that’s about to get replaced by a hugely upgraded version this fall with about 275 miles of range. But maybe compelling as a city car if it can lease for under $400. Also, Volvo needs to offer tax credits in Texas to really make it great.

5 Likes

Didn’t the C40 come out like 8 months ago? And you are saying they already have a newer one?

It’s not going to have 300 miles of range. You’re just converting the km range to miles that the international site has and you can’t do that. The European cycle for EVs is completely different from how EPA rates cars. It’ll get maybe 20 more miles of range. Not worth $5000 more on a lease.

4 Likes

But, the question is, is it a rebate direct to the dealership that’s included in the selling price like so many Volvo rebates are? That makes a huge difference in states where rebates paid directly to dealerships aren’t taxed.

1 Like

Ok, maybe the updated version (and platform-mates XC40 and Polestar 2) will get closer to 275-300 mile range—or at least a healthy bump of 20% in range with the switch to a more efficient RWD in the single motor variant. I think the real question is, “was the 2023 worth $5000 more to begin with?”

Who is the target customer of the C40? How many people are in the market for a $60k city-only coupe-SUV that can go 0 to the next stoplight in 4.5 seconds?

Who are its competitors? Tesla Model 3 and Y are cheaper and have more range and similar power. Bolt is half the price and has more range. Even the Mercedes EQB is probably a little more practical. Mustang Mach-E and VW ID4 are more modern and practical. Ioniq 5, EV6, Chevy Blazer EV…Not to mention all of the upcoming purpose-built city electrics like the Fiat 500e and Mini Cooper SE. The EV options have never been so plentiful!

I currently see more than 1,700 of these C40s on Cars.com, and I know my local dealer doesn’t even post their inventory there. So probably more than 2,000 units Volvo needs to clear out in under 6 months. If you think you are the target customer, then I think that May or June could bring even richer offers.

2 Likes

This deal can only get better since the facelift will hit our shore in the coming months.

OTOH, the post-incentive price is quite close to MMR already. Possibly there is no need for a big extra trunk cash.

We will see!

1 Like

It’s a bad uncompetitive SUV that can barely do 200 miles on a full charge. It may as well be a compliance car. Maybe at 20% off pre incentives it could be ok but anything less is a huge pass.

5 Likes

Is “practical” just a euphemism for bigger here? I have no idea what makes these listed cars more practical (or modern for that matter).

With the 12500 in incentives, what would be the approximate monthly payment?

There are several c40 deals posted in the Marketplace. It depends on trim and mileage.