New tires - when and where to purchase replacement

Where does the crowd generally purchase replacement tires? Also at what mileage? Any suggestions for getting the best prices? Do you replace right before turn in with low quality tires
?

Well if you are leasing a car this is what I’d do. First get the car and wear them down to the 5/32 marker. Then find a place to put them (provided you have the storage), put a cheap set of whatever on the car until the lease is over. Before you turn in the car put the old tires back on.

What I’ve been planning on doing for my lease return is buying a set of used (but still within the tread limit) set of the OE tires off ebay. I’ve had success in the past doing this. Usually save 50-75% off new. For example, my mini will require two new OE tires in the front (had a lotttt of fun with the car in 8000 miles :slight_smile: ), from tire rack they are $160 each. Found a set on ebay with 7/32 tread (5/32 minimum required) for $80 for the pair with free shipping. Boom. Done.

oops changed mine to 5/32 for some reason I thought it was 2/32

I used http://www.bestusedtires.com/. Purchased run flats for my GLK lease return for around for about $60~ for 7/32 tread (they had a special that day, reg price was around $80) and included free shipping.

edit: This was for 1 tire, had a flat. The remaining tires were good for return.