Porsche Taycan Pricing/Features Discussion

https://www.porsche.com/usa/modelstart/all/?modelrange=taycan&sap-outbound-id=B10EEF8B33AEF098641F298C0B09A913965F8D17&utm_source=SAPHybris&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=100006567&utm_term=PCNA%20Taycan%20Base%20Model%20EM%20202101%20V2___&utm_content=EN

5 Likes

This is actually pretty exciting. The performance specs and quality is on par if not better than comparable Model S. An actual competing product.

Excited to see the Audi Etron GT come out as well.

3 Likes

Just me, but other than the grille the new i4 is also exciting!

Coming straight for Tesla. So is every other company in the near future. That’s why I’m 100% bearish on tsla stock.

I drove the model s and the taycan, the taycan is so much more refined.

Have to realize that taycan will be 100k real fast with a couple options though. 100 is the new 75 anyway!

6 Likes

Please go into more depth please! I’ve had the pleasure of borrowing a MS performance, but I (obviously) can’t get my hands on a Taycan.

Go to Porsche with your pop and drive one. They will throw you the keys.

They’re both rocket ships. By refined I mean the styling. Interior and ex. The taycan was much more comfortable as well IMO

5 Likes

Taycan is awesome. Everything in that car feels top-of-the-line, no matter the trim level. I think that will make them more competitive leases (far better than Tesla’s current offers).

Regardless, they are still going to be closer to $100,000 anyways with all of the dealer-added options. Taycan 4S starts at $103,500, but I have not seen one under $120,000 listed. Who wants to be the base Taycan custom order lease?

1 Like

Has anyone looked at the range? I like the Porsche better but I think this new base model can barely get to ~200 mile range? Like @volvo1 mentioned as well these will easily be at $100k out the door. I still see no competition for Tesla based on $ and range except for maybe when Lucid / Rivian comes out.

A lot of owners are reporting getting closer to 250 miles of range. I imagine a model that is missing a front motor should get a little more range with less weight.

2 Likes

Porsche window stickers are like

$79,900 base price
$5,000 for steering wheel
$6,000 steering wheel delete
—
$90,900 total MSRP

29 Likes
  • $300 for red steering wheel delete
8 Likes

Not gonna lie, that “space sound” that you can turn on in the Taycan while accelerating really gets me going haha. It’s good to see Tesla competition !

1 Like

Yup I am also looking forward to the Etron GT, especially the RS version, which is looking nice.

Ill take a base model lease if numbers are right

the numbers will never be “right” on a Porsche lease sadly…

8 Likes

Thats what someone says when they have no intention of buying :slight_smile:

(Guy above you)

4 Likes

That’s what I say when I look at Seattle real estate prices :sob:

3 Likes

I built one to my liking for roughly 93k which isn’t bad for Porsche standard. Premium package alone is almost 8k.

MSRP and buy rate :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

If you can write it off, could probably do worse. Probably :thinking:

1 Like

You are forgetting an extra $1,000 for the red-striped seat belts and $1,500 for the black Porsche lettering.

1 Like