New Model Lease

I’m new to the forum and really appreciate the collaborative and generally positive environment that this community fosters. I am looking to transition from my car (Prius) to something larger while keeping fuel efficiency in mind. I am very intrigued by the promised MPG of the 2020 Highlander hybrid but since it will be a new model, should I expect to get hosed on lease terms for the foreseeable future?

Yes, it will probably not lease well for awhile.

We just replaced our 2010 Prius with a 2019 750i. On the 6-hour drive home from the BMW dealer we got 30 mpg on the highway, which is unbelievable for a car with 445 hp.

I have no idea if a 750i would meet your needs, but I mention this to underscore how fuel efficient cars have gotten in recent history.

Also, I’ve seen it noted here several times that paying a premium to get the hybrid version of [insert make/model here] will end up costing as much as (or more than) buying the regular gasoline version and paying for the extra gas.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 Like

I just did the math on the new RAV4. You would need to drive the hybrid version for 100k miles to makeup for the lack of discount on the hybrid version.

1 Like