New Lease Takeover - 2019 Infiniti QX60 LUXE AWD

I’m uncertain that a lawyer would help in this situation. The dealer (nor Infiniti) has no legal obligation for your QX60…the fact that the vehicle won’t fit in the garage has no bearing on anything.

Have you tried negotiating any type of return/exchange with the dealer? I would begin by begging them to help you out. I think this is going to be ugly, regardless of how you cut it. The other option to consider - how much is convenience worth to you? Yes, it sucks to be unable to use the garage…but I personally wouldn’t dump thousands of dollars (in a matter of days) just to get my parking spot back.

You failed to measure your own garage, and now it’s a topic of litigation?

I loathe this kind of thinking.

Why kick tires then?

@RJain ask the dealer to unwind it and lease something else from them

I was hesitant to Sign the lease but was convinced to Sign it.

You signed, but did you drive off the lot with the QX60?

Nopes … was planning to drive off on 31st Mar.
But made the downpayment.

IIRC in California - unless the car is driven off the lot - the contract is not final.

That’s what I was getting at. That might be the only valid reason @RJain can get out of this.

Worst comes to worse. Go to ever personal lender in town and take a high interest loan for 1 month (and declare it to your dealer) when they try to fund your Infiniti. Blow your own DTI through the roof. When funding fails, return the car, unwind the deal and return the personal loans.

Your only expense should be 20% interest for one month. Haha.

If OP is still in the market for a car, the dealer wouldn’t possibly be willing to help with unwinding this if they were willing to sign a new deal for a smaller Infiniti on the lot?

Whats IIRC?

If I Recall Correctly

IANAL but I don’t know that a lawyer would be able to help in this kind of situation.

iANAL sounds like a dodgy new iPhone feature.

Just make the garage larger… duh

2 Likes