New Jeep Cherokee, return old and lease new

, ,

Hi Guys,

So sort of a weird question. I have a 2018 Cherokee lease ending in a couple months. The lease is through Ally. The car is in Miami and was curious if I could hand the car in down at a dealership in Miami, and then lease a new one through Ally up at the dealer I have been using in PA, that way I would avoid a dispo fee. The dealer I have been working with in PA for my Wrangler and for some family and friends is way more competitive than I have been able to find in Miami and I figure I would just drive the car down at some point, since I live in NJ, or take the autotrain. Ideally I would love to sell the car to carvana or carmax since it only has like 22k miles on it and its in perfect condition but apparently Ally doesn’t allow that. I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Doesn’t Ally have a $0 disposition fee? IIRC

So what did Ally say when you called them about turning it in in Miami? And when you called the dealer in Miami to ask to return it there, what did they say?

I have sold a Grand Cherokee lease (Ally) to Vroom before. Check there.

I also just returned a 2018 GC lease to the dealer and they gave me a couple grand in positive equity. Trust me… Jeep dealers want solid GC trades this time of year.

Did you have to buy the car out first and then sell it to Vroom? From my understanding they are giving Vroom a different buyout.

No, I called Ally with a Vroom rep so they could provide dealer payoff. I did this so I didn’t have to pay the sales tax. They wouldn’t provide me the dealer payoff without the Vroom rep.

Another tip… request trade-in value from Vroom. Ignore it for 3-4 days. They’ll send an email increasing their initial offer.

Will definitely be trying that. Thank you so much.