New BMW lease, need help! Please and thank you!

, ,

Hi Hackrs,

I wanted to know, is this a good deal on a lease for a 2022 x3 m40. (In current market)

They said they can’t offer any discounts on the x3 (they offered a $1000 discount on a 2021 m340), because their SUVs are selling 5k+ over MSRP and they’re really low on inv (guy said they only have 6 new vehicles in stock).

For this vehicle MSRP is 63,815. I was looking to lease 3yr/12kmiles, max MSDs (7 x $1,050), no money down, purchasing in MD but registering in DC.
I believe he said RV was 55% and MF was .00136.

After everything, he said monthly payments would be $1,037.

Looking for any advice how I should move forward. So far I’ve only put down a deposit to reserve it.

Thank you.

see if they agree to reduce the MF to base or maximum 20 basis point above base rather than 40
car market otherwise is crazy , so discounts off MSRP are doable but very rare
My son leased an X3 3/21 and got 13% off MSRP … that is 7 months ago, but seems like eternity
dealers are trying to maximize profit per vehicle as the number of new cars they are selling is way down so in all honesty we can’t blame them

Do yourself a favor, and work with a broker on here. The number you were presented with is abysmal, even in this market.

6 Likes

If you can wait out an order you should look at some of the offerings from the brokers. You will get a much better deal. 5k over is crazy when some here are offering discounts off msrp on an ordered unit.

1 Like

Clearly you’ve gotten way ahead of yourself.

The breathless tone of your post suggests you need to slow down.

$1,000+ for a plebeian X3 with an I6 and fake M badge is a deal you run away from, not towards.

9 Likes

What should these numbers be closer to in today’s market?

What would you suggest doing?

The other option was 2022 m340 xdrive MSRP 62xxx same terms $951/month. I know both deals are horrible. What can I say or ask to get it to where it should be in current market?

1 Like

Passport, Silver Spring or Catonsville? Lol.

That being said. I should have an allocation and a $1,500 discount with no rate if you’re willing to travel a couple states over to pick up.

1 Like

SS lol

And How many states over?

1 Like

Look at the Marketplace section.

And you need to be open to other brands if you value your money. Don’t focus on just one.

Sent you a message.

For that price you could be in an X6. You would even save money getting an X5.

1 Like

Does DC full tax like MD does? Maybe that’s part of this? Or the dealer thinks it’ll be an MD car with full taxes rolled in?

These dealers do tons of DC registrations every year. They’re not morons. They know DC tax vs MD tax.

2 Likes

Right, unless it wasn’t communicated that it would be a DC reg by OP. But you’re right, surely if they got to numbers they’d have registration zip code figured out.
Just trying to make it make sense :joy:

You should never be talking numbers with a dealer before knowing the answer to this question.

Talking to dealers is for finding someone to do your deal, not for finding out what something should cost.

3 Likes

I’ve never had a dealer not ask for my address for their CRM OR where it would be registered before getting a quote.

A tax error isn’t making the deal bad. The deal is bad on its own.

So he’s charging you about $1200 over MSRP on this then.

I mean from the research I’ve done, it seems to me that these numbers aren’t really all that outrageous (in current market). Every bmw dealer within a 50 mile radius wants over 1k for x3 m40 or a base x5 and even a $63,xxx m340. All around 1k/month for a 3yr/36kmi lease. This is why I thought it was a decent deal. I know last year I could’ve easily gotten a new x6 fully loaded for that price but that’s not the case in today’a market.

And i made clear to deaLer that car would be registered in DC. Idk if he made a mistake or not on his end.

I have no idea what sale price should look like, but bump in MF is quite annoying. Perhaps you can finance it?

Perhaps they aren’t, but it’s worth at least making sure to properly baseline the deal.

What kind of discounts did you find while searching broker listings here?

1 Like