New BMW 530e, $480/mo, $0 DAS, $62k in Houston

• $62,070 MSRP
  • $7,750-ish dealer discount, about 12.5% pre-incentives
  • $4,250 in incentives with loyalty
  • $1,000 OL code
  • $1000 BMW CCA rebate not included in payment (drops payment to $450 if could capitalize)
  • $0 in taxes, because this is Texas, not Taxes! We don’t like government.
  • Ceramic tint included (see above, no taxes means hole in ozone)
  • 3 years / 10k miles a year
  • .00145 / 61%
  • Capitalized fees are about $1,120 for acquisition, misc taxes, licenses, inspection, etc.
  • Not currently doing MSDs

Equipment includes convenience, premium, active driver plus, park assistance, sunshades, ivory Dakota leather, and silver paint.

The car will take about 6 days to transport, so something could still go wrong. But seeing how this is my 3rd BMW from BMW West Houston and the same sales guy, I’m relatively confident there won’t be any big surprises.

I feel like I have to make excuses that this deal isn’t $300. But I really wanted radar cruise, and that’s surprisingly hard to find. Also, my i3 is rotting in a body shop, and I’d like to dump my rental. My dealer is having to get the car from the port of entry in Brunswick, Georgia.

This is my 4th electric car since 2011. I’ve had a Volt, ELR, and two i3s.

FWIW, I really liked the Tesla Model 3, but am too cheap to pay $580 to $700/mo for the expensive leases. I also like how BMW seems to want my business, whereas Tesla seemed like they could not care less whether or not I joined their club (even though I’m a shareholder)!

1 Like

Great deal.
Did you do a lease or BMW Owners Choice?
(I ask because Owners Choice lets you get $4,668 federal tax credit for purchasing a hybrid and skips the $900 acquisition fee.) Texas sales tax is 6% on selling price - so sales tax credit was worth $3000. Gap is roughly $10 a month = $360. All things being equal, Owners choice would have save you $ 2200 (or $60 /month). If there are any 530e’s left, I plan on getting one in January when the $2500 state electric/hybrid rebate is refunded.

This is a lease. I know the tax credits and gap insurance would not have been included with Owner’s Choice. Honestly, I’m not well versed with Owner’s choice. I’d love to hear an argument for why it might be better.

I don’t know how much gap insurance would cost. But on my i3 that got t-boned two weeks ago on a one way street, in broad day light, with no traffic, there was an $11k difference between the market value and contract value, which gap insurance covers.

Owner’s Choice means you are the “owner,” so you can claim the federal EV rebate. There also isn’t an acq fee, but the MF is slightly higher. If you can’t get the tax credit with Owner’s Choice, then it might not be worth it though.

1 Like

I’m bookmarking this for all the tesla fanboi’s!..:rofl:

Awesome deal BTW

I’ve been down this road before: Tax credits and OC do not mix and understandably so. You’re better off taking the tax credit TBH.

BMW has car dealerships, Tesla has retail stores.

A retail store is there for you to experience the product and take the time to decide whether it’s for you without a pushy salesman that wants you to drive and sign today.

1 Like

I don’t experience pushy sales people either, test drive leave, then all negotiations done online. But with a tesla you don’t have worry about leasing them, because they don’t lease for :poop:

1 Like