New BMW 4 Series - Leaked

I like it much more than the concept car.

PUKE

2020chars

I still need to see the grill in person. But I’m 50/50 to be honest.

the more subdued color might help, but that grill is the stupidest thing I have ever seen on a car.

2 Likes

The grille is definitely less awful than expected. But it’s still… prominent. The body lines overall are good. I’m guessing like everything else BMW this will be auto only. Soon only the M2 (if it lives on), M3 or M4 will be available in manual.

You better get to 100 quick! You need to sell em

Haha. Sometimes I think it’s fair to be an enthusiast of the brand too in all respects. I had a 430GC for awhile, by far my favorite recent BMW. I’m sure it will grow on me like the new X7 did.

1 Like

IMHO, it looks exactly like the concept car.

Only b/c of the long Euro license plate. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that, in the teased pic and in all of these studio shots, there’s a license plate to break up the grille size.

1 Like

Rabbit teeth. :rabbit:

1 Like

Huh, the front is obviously horrendous, but they made the back worse too. :man_shrugging:

Why wasn’t the 4 Series made to resemble a smaller version of the 8 Series? The headlamp assembly for the G22 is similar to the 8 Series. The tech gadgets behind the massive grilles of the upcoming i4 obviously paved the way for the design language of all 4 series variants. Could BMW have made the all-new all-electric i4 the only 4 Series with the larger grilles and left the regular 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder models to look more like the 8? Maybe, maybe not.

One thing is for certain. Given how much fun the 330i/xi & M340i/xi are to drive, I can’t wait to drive the new 4.

I like the side-by-side! Good point too, the 4er is so much different than anything else… I am hoping they reveal the production i4 on Tuesday too but I know that’s a just a dream :flushed:

1 Like

This is polarizing at best, my dad imitated vomiting when he saw it. I don’t hate it, but I love the i4. If it matches the Model S in range, a Tesla has an issue.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the LCI 8 Series gets those giant grilles.

last time I checked, I wasn’t your dad…

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the universe CANNOT let that happen

welp, that’s ugly

“Think I can get 20% off before incentives?”

1 Like