New 2023 Volvo XC90 and alternative choices

, , , ,

Has anyone had an issue with moisture/water leaks in a volvo? Was close to moving forward on an xc90 lease, and was looking at specific cars at a dealership.

Saw the entire inside of the front windshield and both front seat windows of one of the cars was covered in water droplets- looked like the glass doors of a steam shower, inside of car smelled, and car wouldn’t start. No open windows where water would have come in.

A few other cars had similar condensation, and yet another car smelled of cleaning products, not a new car smell (probably had same issue and was deep cleaned). All of these- brand new 2023 xc90s.

It seems like either these cars had a leak - somewhere wasn’t sealed properly to the outside, and rain got in, or some other issue with the car.

I was seriously considering getting a volvo (and have never had this issue with previous volvos) but do not want to be stuck with a car that has this issue. Has anyone seen something similar on volvo or other car?

Not sure where those cars are located at but, I haven’t heard anything where I’m at (NJ)

But for XC90 money, you can def get a 3 row Durango or GCH L for cheaper… Just free information.

Why not change up the car, you’ll be surprised on what you may or may not like.

Thanks. I’m definitely open to other options as well, happy to change it up for the right car! Will check out the ones you mentioned.

2 Likes

Maybe they arrived via boat from Fort Myers recently?

7 Likes

I’d check out another lot, seems like an easy way to rule out human error (for example windows or sunroof left open).

Massively outdated Durango and untested-for-safety GCL (especially coming from Jeep’s poor track record) should be bottom of your list IMO.

11 Likes

Yes safety is top priority. Also want something with luxury features that equal or surpass Volvo… things like built in sun shades on passenger windows, safety features, interior aesthetic details, etc. So while I am considering other options, I want to be moving up from the xc90 if I do make a change. Was looking at the q7 and the x5 and x7 but all three seem to be way higher lease payments.

1 Like

Good point about the sun roof. Didn’t think to check that, only checked windows.

Since we are near the port of NYC, Id be surprised if they stopped in Ft Meyers from Sweden, but you never know!

Safety smatey…you can’t tell me that you wouldn’t want to be in the 392 SRT Durango ….at least until the excitement wears off.

Having been in both of those and and an XC90, edit- unless they’ve had serious model change upgrades in the last 3years, I wouldn’t class them in the same league.

Obv if much cheaper, its a different story

Lease on my xc90 3 row is ending. I’m looking for my next lease. Current least (signed 3 yrs ago) was 2500 down and I pay 620/month. Prices have obviously skyrocketed, so looking for something luxurious, that I can get a great deal on. I’m okay paying more than what I am currently, but want to keep it under $850/mo with approx 2500 down if possible.

Would be very interested in BMW x5, BMW x7, Audi Q7. What else would you suggest? Needs to be

• top safety rating
  • luxurious interior (equal to or better than Volvo)
  • top safety features

Are there great deals to be had that I am missing on these (BMW, Audi) cars? Are there other cars that I am not thinking of?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

another XC90 if you have equity that dealer will give you plus costco or a Wagoneer if everything works out for rebates and discount.

2 Likes

The GLE meets those requirements

What would the lease cost be on a GLE? Are there any good deals on those right now? That is what I had before the xc90…

Around 50-60% more than a good XC90 deal.

2 Likes

xc90s have no equity.

2 Likes

An X7 definitely isn’t happening, and all the other vehicles have in common is that they have a useless third row but still charge a massive premium over 2-row SUVs.

And it’s really debatable whether you can find one of those with all the safety features in inventory and within your budget.

If you are secure enough in yourself that you don’t care what neighbors/coworkers think then you’ll look past the badge and you can actually get the features you need in your budget.

1 Like

Luxury Brand UNDER $850… GOOD LUCK. Stick with XC90

1 Like

So what 3-row SUV do you suggest that can be had for below the price of an XC90 these days? Genuinely curious not being snarky.

I understand ruling out Durango and GCL, but something like a Palisade or Teluride are pricey now. I’ve heard good things about the new Pathfinder (especially since the QX60 is out of control right now). Any other suggestions?

Maybe grand Cherokee summit